Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:31 PM   #1
MRamirez181
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Audio Quality 5g vs 2g

I have a 2g ipod touch and the headphone jack is broken. I can either get it fixed for 50 bucks or go for a 300 buck 5g. What I want to know is if there is an increase in audio quality between he generations. I use a pair of Sl 99s by Ludacris (100 buck headphones) if that helps at all.
MRamirez181 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:32 PM   #2
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
No, there is not.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 08:48 PM   #3
roxxette
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Honestly mate those headphones are no better than a skullcandy
roxxette is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 06:01 AM   #4
MRamirez181
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I actually upgraded from skullcandy titans to my current headphones about a year ago. I felt like the build quality, mids , highs, and the cable were all an improvement over my skullcandys. Went through a pair of titans within a couple of months when the cable stared to come loose from the audio jack part. I personally like the SL99 better, but that's just my opinion.
MRamirez181 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:26 AM   #5
raccoonboy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
dude, if you are looking into sound quality then Ipod touch is not a good choice. It is used mainly for games and video, that why the screen is so good. For music, its not worth $299. Go spend $79 on Walkman e series better.
raccoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:06 AM   #6
jon3543
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
dude, if you are looking into sound quality then Ipod touch is not a good choice. It is used mainly for games and video, that why the screen is so good. For music, its not worth $299. Go spend $79 on Walkman e series better.
And there he goes again.
jon3543 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3543 View Post
And there he goes again.
Yep, Racoonboy has a definite opinion and is very vocal about it .
Plutonius is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 07:51 AM   #8
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3543 View Post
And there he goes again.
Nice use of Ronald Reagan's catch phrase.

But I think Raccoonboy has a point there. The sound quality of iPod touch hasn't improved much over the generations IMO. All the other features were improved except the most cardinal one of a music player -sound quality.
Beeplance is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:08 AM   #9
jon3543
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
Yep, Racoonboy has a definite opinion and is very vocal about it .
I had no idea he's expressed an opinion on audio.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
The sound quality of iPod touch hasn't improved much over the generations IMO. All the other features were improved except the most cardinal one of a music player -sound quality.
What exactly is wrong with the audio? ISTR reading it measures better than most CD players.
jon3543 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:45 PM   #10
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3543 View Post
I had no idea he's expressed an opinion on audio.[COLOR="#808080"]
He doesn't like the new Touch in general (check his other post). To each their own opinion .
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:54 PM   #11
jon3543
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
He doesn't like the new Touch in general (check his other post). To each their own opinion .
People hate what they don't understand, I guess. He thinks the iPad Mini is a real competitor for the Touch, even after it's been pointed out that people who want a Touch are not interested in a huge tablet, appreciate the cheaper-per-GB price, etc, and that's what I was referring to. His opinions I've seen all seem to share a common attribute...
jon3543 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 04:46 PM   #12
Plutonius
macrumors 601
 
Plutonius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3543 View Post
People hate what they don't understand, I guess. He thinks the iPad Mini is a real competitor for the Touch, even after it's been pointed out that people who want a Touch are not interested in a huge tablet, appreciate the cheaper-per-GB price, etc, and that's what I was referring to. His opinions I've seen all seem to share a common attribute...
Most (if not all) of his complaints stem from what Apple is charging for their products. He may have some valid complaints but it is sometimes perceived as a "Sour Apples" response (i.e. since he can not or will not get one due to the price, it must be a bad product).
Plutonius is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:42 PM   #13
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020
 
TacticalDesire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Michigan
It's slightly better but not too significant.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rMBP audio quality ryallen MacBook Pro 0 Aug 4, 2013 01:50 AM
iPhone 2G Audio Quality? awesomest47 iPhone 8 Feb 14, 2013 11:46 AM
AirPlay audio quality esharon Digital Audio 1 Jan 24, 2013 04:32 PM
skype audio quality thatsmega.net MacBook Pro 0 Dec 3, 2012 01:49 AM
iPhone 5 Audio Out Quality kriskay iPhone 3 Sep 21, 2012 04:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC