Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Call me OCD but I noticed the inconsistent naming of the site. On the home page the title reads Mac Rumors. The logo and the forum both name the site MacRumors. Was that intentional?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Call me OCD but I noticed the inconsistent naming of the site. On the home page the title reads Mac Rumors. The logo and the forum both name the site MacRumors. Was that intentional?
Where do you see "Mac Rumors"? Link?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I see it. On the right side in the tan section titled "Recent Comments" Also the browser tab title has the space as well.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

You're OCD...and so am I as I, too, have noticed this before but opted not to point it out. However, since I'm here, I'll also point out that the home page is titled 'Mac Rumors: Apple Mac iOS Rumors and News You Care About' yet the text below the logo is arranged as 'news and rumors you care about'.

There are numerous other little things like this throughout the site that don't affect functionality or much of anything else other than, well, my OCD but I won't hijack this thread and list them all out (or at least I won't do so now).

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 1.48.39 PM.png

Can you spot the differences?

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
It's right here:

I'm surprised this was noticed earlier given that many Mac users (including myself) have OCD tendencies

There's a lot.

logo.png has "MacRumors"
the forums.macrumors <title> has "MacRumors Forums"
the macrumors.com <title> has "Mac Rumors..."
the Mac Blog <title> has "MacRumors ..."
the roundups <title> has "xyz | MacRumors"
the Recent Comments box has "Mac Rumors"
the More Macrumors Stories has "More MacRumors Stories"

There's a lot of places the name appears...both ways.

bjm2660

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Virginia
Wow, way to drop the ball, MacRumors...

Seriously, it would be neat if this thread brings about a movement toward more consistency on the site.

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
Wow, way to drop the ball, MacRumors...

Seriously, it would be neat if this thread brings about a movement toward more consistency on the site.
We've been working with Apple to design the next Mac Pro but if you'd rather we work on this, we'll tell Tim to hold off. ;-)

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
i didnt notice it, but im on an iPad mini and the screen is horrible. I would be able to see that there were no errors if Steve Jobs were still alive. This website and Apple are going down the toilet.

Did I cover them all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.