Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I went to check the time on my phone and to my surprise, it read that it had an LTE connection. I was amazed, so I ran a speedtest. Yep, definitely LTE. I guess they decided to flip the switch.

Can any other Coloradoans confirm?

Photo%20Nov%2008%2C%2011%2007%2017%20PM.png

Last edited:

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Just noticed this myself last night (and did a search here to see if any one else had this).... Not happy if we only get 14Mbps when others are getting 35Mbps. I guess it's better than what I was getting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
You both have poor service from the screenshot. I'd expect you to be a lot higher when you were in a good service area. Keep us updated.

I'm in Louisville, KY and they are supposed to switch on LTE by the end of the year. I have only been on LTE in Cincinnati and it was terrible. I could never get over 15-16Mbits. I can get up to 10Mbit on HSPA+ here in Louisville. A friend who went to Indianapolis was getting close to 50Mbits.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted

Charleston, SC here. We're suppose to get LTE by years end. Glad to see AT&T making progress in this area! Congrats in CO!

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Just noticed this myself last night (and did a search here to see if any one else had this).... Not happy if we only get 14Mbps when others are getting 35Mbps. I guess it's better than what I was getting.

Dude, you have two bars of LTE, of course you're only gonna get like between 10-20 mb/s down. I get the same service at home, it's only at night, when everyone is usually asleep that I manage to get a much better connection and can get at least 30 mb/s down. So, give it a shot at night. :p

Also congrats, I'm still waiting to get LTE here in Houston around the area where I work. It doesn't help that I'm practically on the outer edge of Houston. :(

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
I didn't notice the signal when I posted. I got 22Mbps at a different location so am more excited about that.

Dude, just wait till you're out in the freeway or if you're near a tower and you get 5 bars. The speedtests are so fast the app crashes. :D

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Hope they flip the switch in Columbus soon. We've got LTE in Cleveland, Akron and Cincinnati, but not the capital and largest city. Promised by end of year, hopefully soon.

However, I can't complain too much, as the HSPA+ netwok in Columbus is excellent. Typically in the 5-7 Mbps range with 130ms pings, and I've hit as high as 11.5 Mbps at some times.

anonymouse99

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
You are correct! I see "AT&T LTE" in the southern Denver suburbs! Few days ago, I was in Denver proper, and it showed "AT&T 4G" - I'll try to drive by those areas again and see if that changed. Maybe other folks can also chime in!

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Hope they flip the switch in Columbus soon. We've got LTE in Cleveland, Akron and Cincinnati, but not the capital and largest city. Promised by end of year, hopefully soon.

However, I can't complain too much, as the HSPA+ netwok in Columbus is excellent. Typically in the 5-7 Mbps range with 130ms pings, and I've hit as high as 11.5 Mbps at some times.

I would only complain when there's a Buckeye game or something happening happening at Crew Stadium(Rock On The Range, Etc), but then again that congestion is only on the towers local to OSU.

Cleveland LTE is awesome. I couldn't be happier with it.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Anyone else in the metro area losing data connection every few minutes? I just chatted with an AT&T rep for a while. He re-registered my phone on the network, updated the IMEI and ICCID on the system, and re-registered it again. It seems the cause of my data connection being constantly dropped is due to the fact that I live on the edge of the nearest LTE-enabled tower.

----------

Also, this speedtest was done at an intersection about 3 blocks from my house.

57E61A4B-4A5D-450C-8B9D-84AD2B347248-126-000000026DAFEFF6.jpg

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Anyone else in the metro area losing data connection every few minutes? I just chatted with an AT&T rep for a while. He re-registered my phone on the network, updated the IMEI and ICCID on the system, and re-registered it again. It seems the cause of my data connection being constantly dropped is due to the fact that I live on the edge of the nearest LTE-enabled tower.

----------

Also, this speedtest was done at an intersection about 3 blocks from my house.

57E61A4B-4A5D-450C-8B9D-84AD2B347248-126-000000026DAFEFF6.jpg

I have noticed that. I'll have full bars but it keeps telling me I have no internet. Full bars with ATT at the top. I will be calling or going in to try and deal with the issue.

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
I noticed it on my drive to work today. Only got around 15 Mbps. I live in Aurora and drive down to work on i25 to Lakewood. Nothing yet in Aurora or in Lakewood. I'm guessing they only turned on maybe one or two towers ad are still testing it. AT&T's website still says Denver is coming soon. I was freaking excited though when I saw it!

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I noticed it on my drive to work today. Only got around 15 Mbps. I live in Aurora and drive down to work on i25 to Lakewood. Nothing yet in Aurora or in Lakewood. I'm guessing they only turned on maybe one or two towers ad are still testing it. AT&T's website still says Denver is coming soon. I was freaking excited though when I saw it!

I basically live on I-25 and Hampden, so I guess there are a few towers around here that they are testing...

Edit: forgot to mention that I got LTE downtown too. Confluence park/16th st mall area.

Last edited:

dwburnell

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2010
I basically live on I-25 and Hampden, so I guess there are a few towers around here that they are testing...

Edit: forgot to mention that I got LTE downtown too. Confluence park/16th st mall area.

Nice! Yeah I live off hampden and Yosemite and I only noticed when I got onto i25 off hampden. I hope they turn it on full soon. I've been having that issue with no data when I go from LTE back to "4G".

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Nice! Yeah I live off hampden and Yosemite and I only noticed when I got onto i25 off hampden. I hope they turn it on full soon. I've been having that issue with no data when I go from LTE back to "4G".

It's really annoying and it seems to me that it's because AT&T isn't quite finished with the LTE upgrade here. It's supposed to officially go live on Sunday (Nov 11), but I will be in Washington DC then. Hopefully when I get back to Denver on Thursday, the problem will be all sorted out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.