Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
At much slower speeds? No thanks. I have ATT LTE now so no need to go with the slower alternative.

Slower speeds huh? :rolleyes: Look at those high ping times!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 112

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I can cherry pick too... It's a fact, ATT LTE is faster than Vrz. Don't argue with me, argue with the people that officially do the testing.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling you. Something that adults do to kids.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I'm not arguing with you. I'm telling you. Something that adults do to kids.

Don't come into an AT&T thread, start hating on AT&T, and then proceed to call a fellow member a child. AT&T has its pitfalls. Verizon has its pitfalls. Both are good. It doesn't matter, nobody is going to switch to VZW solely based on something that someone posted on MR.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Don't come into an AT&T thread, start hating on AT&T, and then proceed to call a fellow member a child. AT&T has its pitfalls. Verizon has its pitfalls. Both are good. It doesn't matter, nobody is going to switch to VZW solely based on something that someone posted on MR.

It's been my experience people revert to calling people "kid" or the such when they have no real argument. It's not my fault ATT has been proven to have faster LTE speeds.... I don't do the testing.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Still no LTE around Aurora. I live near southlands and work next to Buckley AFB and haven't seen anything yet. I certainly am praying though! Only reason I got my iPhone 5 after all...

thorn73

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2011
Still no LTE around Aurora. I live near southlands and work next to Buckley AFB and haven't seen anything yet. I certainly am praying though! Only reason I got my iPhone 5 after all...

I have LTE in Aurora. First test is at Smoky Hill and Reservoir and the rest are at my house at Quincy and Reservoir. Last test is at Gartrell and E-470. Oh and one on my home network just for comparison. Speed varies based on bars and location so hopefully they are still working on it and gets more stable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 57

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
GREAT!! I'm in another city slated for LTE by the end of the year. This bodes well!

Thanks for posting.

----------

AT&T LTE is a joke. The slowest in the world.

I guess it's all relative, and based on where you are. My AT&T 3G is faster than my friend's Verizon LTE. CONSISTENTLY. So I'm guessing when we get LTE here (by year's end) it, too, will be faster...

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
A57EF42E-9867-49FF-81D9-B641FA8D7E20-126-00000063425FA1CF.jpg

At chipotle on Colorado blvd and Yale ave.

----------

Also, my data usage has skyrocketed ever since LTE started working here (I didn't say launched because its still unofficial). I've already used 1.4gb of data and the month isn't even halfway through. Last month, I used 900mb of data for the entire month. Since I'm traveling, I decided to upgrade my plan to the 3gb plan so that I don't run into the data cap and pay $10 for an extra gb.

Last edited:

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
I have LTE in Aurora. First test is at Smoky Hill and Reservoir and the rest are at my house at Quincy and Reservoir. Last test is at Gartrell and E-470. Oh and one on my home network just for comparison. Speed varies based on bars and location so hopefully they are still working on it and gets more stable.

You just made my day if you are getting LTE at Gartrell and 470. Now just waiting to see it on my own phone! Hopefully they will plop a tower right next to Buckley AFB, as my reception at work is BEYOND horrible. Would be nice to not have to stand on one leg and hop in a circle to get a damn text message out.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
You just made my day if you are getting LTE at Gartrell and 470. Now just waiting to see it on my own phone! Hopefully they will plop a tower right next to Buckley AFB, as my reception at work is BEYOND horrible. Would be nice to not have to stand on one leg and hop in a circle to get a damn text message out.
My BIL Shawn was rocking some intel work at Buckley. I've flown into BAB a few times but never spent much time there. Seems like a nice base though.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Wow, impressive speeds.

AT&T recently turned up LTE in the Twin Cities and the few tests I've run are about 1/2 your fastest speeds.

I honestly don't surf much away from my home wifi but constantly using data for work related emails and texts and such. About the only place I ever surf is when I'm being my wife's beast of burden at the Mall of America...which is our second home by the way. I really hope to take advantage of LTE then.

cateye

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Haven't been down south toward Denver proper lately, but there's no LTE yet for me in Boulder or the surrounding cities (Louisville, etc.). I'm hoping once they turn it on for "real," that it's active up and down the whole Front Range, not just in Denver proper.

cap10morgan

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Anyone getting AT&T LTE on their iPad in Denver?

I was very happy to see AT&T's LTE service light up in Denver late last week. It works beautifully on my iPhone 5. However, I also have an AT&T iPad (3rd Gen.) w/ LTE. But I still just get "4G" on that in Denver. I have traveled to other LTE cities with it, and it jumped on the LTE like a champ. Is anyone seeing AT&T LTE work on their iPad (3rd+ gen.)?

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
I was very happy to see AT&T's LTE service light up in Denver late last week. It works beautifully on my iPhone 5. However, I also have an AT&T iPad (3rd Gen.) w/ LTE. But I still just get "4G" on that in Denver. I have traveled to other LTE cities with it, and it jumped on the LTE like a champ. Is anyone seeing AT&T LTE work on their iPad (3rd+ gen.)?

don't you need a carrier update or a new sim for it to work? just askin'...

anonymouse99

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2011
I am on the lowest tier plan.

I was out and about, checked my yahoo email and a couple of web pages and boom! 30MB usage for just about 60-120 seconds of usage. No file downloads, just text browsing.

So, now, I've turned OFF LTE on my iPhone. I am not happy. This seems like a data usage racket unless I'm missing something very significant. In the past month of usage, I did similar things and usage did not inflate like this, but LTE seems like a joke to me.

LTE should be in the same usage ballpark, only faster, why does it show such excessive data consumption?

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Last edited:

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I've used so much data this month. I don't know what I'm gonna do. This month's bill might be an expensive one. I'm not sure if it's because I'm traveling or because its easier to go through more data faster because LTE is so much faster, or because LTE is just sucking up data on my phone like the person above supposedly experienced.

52EECFA8-9261-4AAD-9A7D-130CE0C8D9A9-5633-0000029D86EA6CE0.jpg

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I've used so much data this month. I don't know what I'm gonna do. This month's bill might be an expensive one. I'm not sure if it's because I'm traveling or because its easier to go through more data faster because LTE is so much faster, or because LTE is just sucking up data on my phone like the person above supposedly experienced.

turn off LTE. problem solved.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
turn off LTE. problem solved.

That's a total bandaid solution. I want to know the real source of my data usage to know what the real problem. If its my browsing habits, I can change that. But if it's a software issue, there is nothing I can do except to turn off LTE.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
That's a total bandaid solution. I want to know the real source of my data usage to know what the real problem. If its my browsing habits, I can change that. But if it's a software issue, there is nothing I can do except to turn off LTE.

Fair enough. Did the data bug ever get patched?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.