Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zwodubber

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2011
PA
Cleaned up some of the clutter

photo1-99.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
better shot of my setup
ipad on a hoverbar, 23"samsung on a mount, mac mini and a couple hard drives tucked behind monitor, audioengine 2s, magic charger, and mba
photo.jpg

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
How do the A2 sound?
they are great for their size and ability to fit on my desk. After i move i definitely plan on getting something bigger with better sound since i spend most of the day at my desk listening to music, in my current space i just can't go bigger.
what is that for an ipad stand for the monitor?
if you own a imac or TBD it could mount onto the monitor, in my case it just mounts onto my desk and floats alongside the monitor. i find it great for watching sports or background netflix noise seperate from my computing. also great for facetiming while doing something else on the mac

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
they are great for their size and ability to fit on my desk. After i move i definitely plan on getting something bigger with better sound since i spend most of the day at my desk listening to music, in my current space i just can't go bigger.

I was thinking of getting them but feared they would not be better then what I already had so I bought the A5+ on sale. So far so good.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
Obviously his hobby is iPod stacking, it's what the young whipper snappers are into these days. :cool:

No, no, it's just like planking, but if it goes wrong you break a $200 iPod instead of your face. :D

No, I've been buying broken iPods and fixing them to resell. I used to exclusively buy Macs, most commonly iMac G5s, and while iPods don't provide as much of a return as G5s, I wanted to expand my horizon. 6/9 iPods in that picture are working after 9/9 came to me nonfunctional.

iDutchman

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2010
Amsterdam, NL
It has been, as far as I know, quite a while since I posted a setup.

As some know, I currently reside in Madrid for a few months (August - January) for study purposes.

I have a whole lot of Apple devices at home including my 27" Thunderbolt Display that I normally use with the rMBP.

See here my 'setup' in Madrid:

Before

IMG_6330.JPG

Shown: iPad 3 32GB + 4G (Sold in Madrid). Taken with a white 4S (sold in Madrid)

Now (since a few days):

foto-1.png

----> View attachment 376557 <--- CLICK TO SEE! it won't show here.. ;)

Shown: iPad Mini 32GB (Bought in Madrid). iPhone 5 32GB (Bought in Madrid)

Furthermore, of course the retina MacBook Pro (2.6Ghz i7 / 8Gb RAM / 512GB SSD) and a Magic Trackpad.

I thought it would be nice to share some setup photos from October 2010 (iMac) - August 2012.

cb06c95a2e849b3cfe6cf49d75b58a52d75060d2_0.png
foto-2.JPG
foto.png

Finally, as it still stands, an iMac in the kitchen (equipped with 4GB + SSD)
XS1a2py.jpg

I think that's it!

EDIT: My ultimate travel companion. B&W P5 Headphones.

COF9Bj5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.