Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Your missing the point.
And that's another thing I love, the way people use irrelevant car arguments in these cases. (Why is it always cars?)
And, no, it's not the same thing, but I'm out of here now.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it always about cars??

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Your missing the point.
And that's another thing I love, the way people use irrelevant car arguments in these cases. (Why is it always cars?)
And, no, it's not the same thing, but I'm out of here now.

Okay let's change it from cars to anything you want...name it, lets use televisions, we both buy a new TV, yours works out of the box, mine will not turn on, I call you and you say, nope, mine cannot be broken because yours works....really? Because your TV works, mine MUST work too? It is the same thing, two products made by the same company, used by different people at different times in different places can and often do behave differently.

I am not missing the point you are my friend. My point is simple, just because YOU do not have an issue with a feature, device, item, etc doesn't mean you should be dismissive of other peoples problems. In your world, it my be perfect where everything works, but you forget we do not all live in your world.

My point then is simple, the poster has a problem, to him the feature doesn't work, thus it is broken. You should not dismiss it because you do not have that issue.

There, simple enough?

----------

I was thinking the exact same thing. Why is it always about cars??

The car is a metaphor, wow, people here really amaze me sometimes. Look beyond Cupertino, there is a whole world out there.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Ha in the twitterverse people are speculating that Jony Ive had something to do with the new passbook welcome screen. I doubt it, but I must admit it looks quite nice. No kitsch anywhere. :)

passbook-578x1024.png

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Ha in the twitterverse people are speculating that Jony Ive had something to do with the new passbook welcome screen. I doubt it, but I must admit it looks quite nice. No kitsch anywhere. :)

I don't think that's Ive. It's not like Apple was incapable of making any non-skeumorphism before Ive, and that's not even totally flat.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Anyone know if the assistive touch auto-lock bug is still there? The one where iOS just won't auto-lock if the assistive touch button was the last thing pressed.

I'm interested in this particular question. Anyone know?

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Anyone know if the assistive touch auto-lock bug is still there? The one where iOS just won't auto-lock if the assistive touch button was the last thing pressed.

Should have been fixed in 6.01. But not. Begining to think this is not a bug but maybe how they thought they the functionality should be. I dont think they forsaw many people using it as an alternative to home button wear and tear?

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
A car company sells millions upon millions of cars a year, most have zero issues, but if mine doesn't start in the morning, it is broken, right? Even though the guy across the street with the exact same car beeps at me as he drives down the road, mine is still broken right? And it needs to be fixed right? The guy wouldn't stop and call me a liar and say my car is not broken because his is running fine, would he?

The guy across the street WOULD call you a liar, if you made a statement declaring all the exact same cars are broken and buggy because yours and few others don't work.

I think that was the point "imacken" was trying to make...

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
I am putting it on my phone right now. I hope this fixes the stupid 6.0/6.0.1 WiFi thermal bug which is graying out my WiFi unless I stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes, then it works fine.

soulsteelgray

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
I am putting it on my phone right now. I hope this fixes the stupid 6.0/6.0.1 WiFi thermal bug which is graying out my WiFi unless I stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes, then it works fine.

Could that be a hardware issue? My friend had that happen to her iPhone pre-iOS 6 and she just swapped it out for a new one at the Apple Store.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Well; if anything, i'm glad better iTunes Match functionality has returned.. I'm guessing we're gonna see a lot of bug fixes and not much else.

I guess if this update is a lot of "under the hood" fixes, then i'm okay with that.. I wouldn't mind seeing some UI changes along the way though (Mountain Lion dock :cool:).

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
Don't you just love it when people say 'broken' when only they - out of millions -are having a problem? (Slight exaggeration!)

Add me to the list of people for whom iOS 6 broke Wi-Fi sync. It only works after the phone and iTunes have been shut off and restarted. And even then, it only works once until both of those are restarted again. Hopefully helps, but if 6.0.1 didn't... I'm doubtful this will. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.