Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdwheel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Hello, I bought the app Reeder from my OS X App Store, but when I go to the App Store from my iPad in the section "Purchased", it doesn't appear. Am I not supposed to get the purchased app not matter whether I bought for OS X or for iOS? Or should I buy it again for iOS?
Note: I'm signed in with my apple user account both in OX X and iOS.

Cheers!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Correct, you bought it for one platform, which does not carry over to another. You'll need to purchase the app for iOS as well if you wish to use it on an iPhone or iPad.

cdwheel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
Correct, you bought it for one platform, which does not carry over to another. You'll need to purchase the app for iOS as well if you wish to use it on an iPhone or iPad.

kind of not fair,

but thanks for your help!

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
kind of not fair,

but thanks for your help!

It's not the same application or platform, so a developer has to write 2 different applications. Why should they both be included? Time isn't free.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
kind of not fair

Interesting.

I'm not clear what is unfair. Two entirely different operating systems. Two entirely different stores.

You seem to be assuming that all apps should be created for all Apple operating systems. It seems your assumption would require all developers be conversant with, and write for, all operating systems.

Not, IMO, unfair. What is unfair is your assumption.

Just saying...:D

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Reeder is not a universal app for iOS, so their are actually three versions available for purchase. Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Nothing "unfair" about it.

ksmith80209

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Hey — I just bought a new car and when I looked to see if I had a new motorcycle next to it in my garage, it wasn't there!

What gives?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Huh?

I purchased both the OS X and iOS versions.

How much were they, $5 total?

cdwheel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
It's not the same application or platform, so a developer has to write 2 different applications. Why should they both be included? Time isn't free.

Yeah you're right, it's true, so I guess it isn't unfair after all!

Thanks for all the responses, cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.