Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Hurricane Sandy pretty much wiped out my entire kitchen (double oven, dishwasher and fridge).

Most of are too old to fix and need replacing. Any specific brands I should think of or stay away from?

thanks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I worked myself into a black hole of reviews when shopping for a new fridge. I went with GE myself. I was always told to stay away from LG and Samsung but it seems many buy these brands and suffer no issues. I guess it all comes down to personal choice and warranty.

For ovens, on the other hand, I long for a Wolf.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Been using Whirlpool forever, so we just stick with that. Though GE should be pretty good too as many people have them. I would just make sure that you read the reviews because sometimes they have really good or bad models for each brand. It really comes down to GE or Whirlpool if we need to get something.

As mentioned above, I'd stay away from Samsung or LG. They seem more expensive up front, and to repair (if necessary). Their reliability is also questionable.

schell123

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
installed the bosch dishwasher a few months ago. very quiet, very strange.
There are many online shops that provide many home appliances.I have also an experience with 3gorillas.com that have wonderful stands for appliances...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

jeremy h

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
UK
We've got a Bosch dishwasher. Poor performance - wouldn't recommend it. Previous one (this new one replaced) was pretty good but the new one isn't a patch on it.

I'd also avoid De Dietrich and Neff ovens.

But as they say YMMV.

nicfle

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2014
I have seen crappy products from good brands and great products from shady companies . Some brands have great product lines in one area, but suffer bad in an other. Bosh is one of the brands I love and hate. Bought an expensive coffee maker. It looked great, but it quickly broke down. The design just was flawed imo. Their beauty products on the other hands are great. Edit. Yea, not a newbie anymore!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.