Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Just started using my iphone 5 a few days ago, and it seems like the screen stays on for about twice as long as it used to with my 4s with iOS 6.

Also, is there any way to just disable the screen from coming on with each new notification, but to still display all new notifications in the lock screen?

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
I also have this problem.

I get a text or something and my phone seems to stay on forever. My 4S didn't do it and my 5 was restored from the same backup.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
go into notificiation settings and adjust it to your liking

Either you don't understand the question or you so and aren't giving enough information on how to do it. There's no setting to change how long the lock screen stays on with notifications, as far as I can see.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
The screen will stay on for twice as long when you have assitive touch turned on. If you do not, it should be only about 10 secs.

SWPROX

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
If you turn on do not disturb,and "allow calls from everyone",it will not light up the screen and yet show all notifications when you click the home button,and plus it will also allow calls,so kind of works.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
okay well how long is it staying on for? Could just seem longer but not actually be longer. You offer nothing backing up your claim

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
The screen will stay on for twice as long when you have assitive touch turned on. If you do not, it should be only about 10 secs.

Awesome, thanks so much. I did have it on. It's off now, but I probably need to reboot for the delay change to take effect.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
okay well how long is it staying on for? Could just seem longer but not actually be longer. You offer nothing backing up your claim

You offer nothing either. Staying on for 13 seconds. So now can you answer the question?

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I hear ya.
Hope you resolve your issue. I have no idea how long the screen should stay lit...my guess is 10 seconds?

Ya, thanks. I think that's right. I googled it and looked it up a few other places and couldn't get any answers so that's why I came here. It's crazy how crazy a question can be asked and it will almost always get answered. That's why I love forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.