Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yousefarman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Chicago Illinois
Hello Everyone,

sorry if this has been answered already, but i have looked in the forums and can't find the answer. I have 3 lines on my account

$59.99 450 min talk and text with UNLIMITED DATA (upgrade eligible)
4gb Shared Data Plan 2 lines

I want to do an alternate upgrade on ULD line, to one of my other 2 lines, and then switch it back to the Unlimited Data line. Is this possible? so essentially, its an alternate upgrade, that goes back to the original line.

Big-T

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Hello Everyone,

sorry if this has been answered already, but i have looked in the forums and can't find the answer. I have 3 lines on my account

$59.99 450 min talk and text with UNLIMITED DATA (upgrade eligible)
4gb Shared Data Plan 2 lines

I want to do an alternate upgrade on ULD line, to one of my other 2 lines, and then switch it back to the Unlimited Data line. Is this possible? so essentially, its an alternate upgrade, that goes back to the original line.

Are you asking if you can use the upgrade on your unlimited data line on one of your other lines, and then simply switch the phone to your unlimited line? If that is the case, then the answer is no. When you use the upgrade which is available on your unlimited data plan line, that is the plan that gets re-signed, and that plan would lose the unlimited data.

If one of your other lines becomes elegible for upgrade you could simply upgrade the phone as usual. Then you would re-activate the old phone, and then activate the new phone on your unlimited line. However, the upgrade available on the unlimited line must go unused in order to keep your unlimited data plan.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
Do i have to activate it on the "Alternate" Line first, before i activate it on my ULD line?

Yes. I've got Verizon and just looked into this. The upgrade must be used on the upgraded line for 24 hours. Then it must NOT be active on any line for 24 hours. Then you may reactivate it on another line.

This is per Verizon CSRs yesterday.

Yousefarman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Chicago Illinois
Yes. I've got Verizon and just looked into this. The upgrade must be used on the upgraded line for 24 hours. Then it must NOT be active on any line for 24 hours. Then you may reactivate it on another line.

This is per Verizon CSRs yesterday.

Thanks everyone for the help! the only reason why i posted, is because i have been told conflicting stories from different CSRs :/ This makes sense though. ill stick with it and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.