Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spungoflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Have these been made available since the ipad mini launch? Right after the mini announcement, there were plenty available, but I've not seen any since.

rojder

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Keep checking. I sold something on Gazelle but once the offer was confirmed, the iPad 3 refurb stock ran out. And remained so every time I checked except for about five minutes yesterday (that I noticed, at least), in which time I snagged a 16 gig.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Have these been made available since the ipad mini launch? Right after the mini announcement, there were plenty available, but I've not seen any since.

I don't know about refurbished but I got a 16gb from best best to try out that was returned.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
They've been around, on and off. They seem to go pretty quickly, though. I was able to snag one a week or two ago. You just have to keep checking.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
ipad 3 Referbs are the absolute best deals around right now and everyone knows it, so keep checking.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC

Every time I check, the 32GB and 64GB in both black and white have been available. The 16GB versions ran out within a few days of the refurb price reduction.

I bought a 32GB in black and have had it for over a week. At $469 instead of $599 for a 4th gen. iPad which seems negligibly faster for my needs, I think it was a great buy. I told my sister about it (we're both on the verge of geezer status ;-) ), and she received hers a couple of days ago. She's very impressed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.