Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

bookbook.jpg
Twelve South's popular BookBook iPhone case has been updated for the iPhone 5 and will launch on Monday November 19th, MacRumors has learned. We don't have any details about pricing, but the new BookBook should begin shipping on Monday as well.

Interested users can sign up for a notification list to learn when the BookBook for iPhone 5 launches. The current BookBook for the iPhone 4 and 4S is $59.99 and is available in both brown and black.

Update: Twelve South has now posted an information page on the BookBook for iPhone 5, noting that it does indeed launch on Monday and is priced at $59.99.

Update: Twelve South confirms that the BookBook for iPhone 5 is fully compatible with the newly released iPhone 5s.

bookbook_iphone_5.jpg

Article Link: Twelve South's BookBook for iPhone 5 Ships Monday

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I'm curious, who is this case popular with?

Quite a bunch of people. What's your problem with it?

This is good news. I knew this was getting close to release. I've been going back and forth on getting an iPhone 5, but I honestly would want this case to be available before I bought one.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008

Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.

scionfriar

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2005
Once you try a BookBook for iPhone it is REALLY hard to go back. I got an iPhone 5 at launch and have been waiting for baited breath. I can't wait.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue that the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Got to laugh at the young attractive model on the web site. I'm sure she would be keen to be seen with one of these in public. :rolleyes:

Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use. :rolleyes:

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.

Sardonick007

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
If that theft story is true, that's awesome.

Me. It's very classy and helps consolidate my personal belongings. It sucked carrying a phone, wallet and keys leaving me with bulky pockets and accessories spilling out. This combines all of it, and looks very classy at the same time. Plus it's easier to hide and protect the phone in plain sight.

Side note: I had my home broken into a year ago, and my SO and I have a lot of books (we're avid readers). While they took some of the typical stuff (PS3, games, etc.), they didn't even bother with the books, which both her Macbook Pro and my MacBook Air were sitting on the bookshelf in their BookBook cases. As far as we were concerned, they proved their worth there alone.

BL.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany

harry potter

God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
If that theft story is true, that's awesome.

It is. I had a nearly $10,000 claim on my homeowner's insurance, after bringing in the damage to my house (some of it I'm still recouping). It would have been worse because my SO's Mac had all of the pictures of our children's births on it and mine had all of our business data on it (yes, we have backups).

But still, their cases proved their worth to us that I'd recommend them to anyone.

BL.

sbrhwkp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
Lake George, NY
God i hate iPhone cases. I think it's hard to argue the phone looks better without them 100% of the time. I understand why some people need them, but they're very aesthetically unappealing. My iPhone is a working device, i don't care if it gets a few scratches here and there. It's not a museum piece!

So you're arguing you hate covers because they're not aesthetically appealing, yet you don't care about getting scratches on your phone because you don't care about your phone being aesthetically appealing. :confused:

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
Yeah.. and Speck, Incipio, Otterbox, iFrogz, Belkin, Michael Korz, Morphie, Kate Spade, and Incase make such real classy cases and wallets that everyone could also use. :rolleyes:

You do know that this is genuine distressed leather that looks and feels like a classic book, right? Judging by your only looking at the pictures, I would assume not.

So before passing judgment on it, you could do yourself a favour and at least get to your closest Apple Store and have a look and feel of the case yourself, as they do sell them there.

BL.

Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Hey, let's not get so heated up.

My point was I doubt that the main market of this cases are 17-18 yo young woman.

They are more likely 35-40 yo middle class (white?) professionals, yet they don't show a picture of that.

As for genuine leather, looks like a real book, if that's what you like, fine!

I was commenting on the marketing on the web page. There are aprox 20 pics trying to show this has a young, hip and sexy product, which was rather nausea provoking.

So in your eyes, this is a product for old people? I would think young people would get this just as much.

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
i hate them too, i have like 5 different iPhone cases and they all had to go after one day. i just cant stand losing the "feel" of the device i paid so much money for. now i'm simply using a skin and even that is starting to annoy me

I'm exactly the same. Determined not to buy anymore cases because after a few hours I take them off never to be used again. Prefer using the phone naked.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Do the new models have a hole for the camera / flash?

The last email blast I got from them on 10/18 stated yes:

And finally (no doubt the news you've been waiting for), no need to slide your iphone up to take a picture anymore. BookBook for iPhone 5 will include a camera hole!

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.