Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
Heard this is supposed to be the best video game movie of all time

Who's watching?

ralph_qbert.jpg

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
you mean only video game movie of all time..... no I jest and kinda wish :/. Its obviously better than that ******** they call resident evil movies. I bet the uncharted movie if that ever happens will be way better.

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
you mean only video game movie of all time..... no I jest and kinda wish :/. Its obviously better than that ******** they call resident evil movies. I bet the uncharted movie if that ever happens will be way better.

Super Mario Bros? It was so bad it was awesome.

There were rumors of a Bioshock movie once.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Super Mario Bros? It was so bad it was awesome.

There were rumors of a Bioshock movie once.

Yea Now I remember it since you mentioned it. I do remember it being quite bad. lol. But I suppose that's what you get with the circumstances around that story. I feel like certain games should not be made into movies. Mario is one of them.

mac.ross

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2012
It looks good

From what I've seen of it, it looks brilliant.

Brilliant for children and more than enough references to older games/current games and pop-culture type references.

Disney rarely makes a terrible animated film anyway, I have no doubt that it will be worth a watch.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
I watched this last night. Simply amazing. The story was really good and the graphics were excellent. I really loved the game references both old and new. Qbert is one of the few "real" game characters in this movie. The rest are made up and some closely resemble "real" game characters. That was probably a licensing issue. I liked how techy, geeky and game-centric it was.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Still sad that they had to do an analogue for Commander Shepard in the movie, but apparently BioWare has a licensing deal with Funimation and the latter fought to keep Shepard out of Wreck-it-Ralph.

The complete list of cameos is here;
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Wreck-It_Ralph/List_of_Cameos

I'm surprised that there weren't many SquarEnix characters, especially Kingdom Hearts characters, but only Sora makes an appearance.

Last edited:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
Still sad that they had to do an analogue for Commander Shepard in the movie, but apparently BioWare has a licensing deal with Funimation and the latter fought to keep Shepard out of Wreck-it-Ralph.

The complete list of cameos is here;
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Wreck-It_Ralph/List_of_Cameos

I'm surprised that there weren't many SquarEnix characters, especially Kingdom Hearts characters, but only Sora makes an appearance.

I never saw him in the movie. Bad Luck. That would of been cool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.