Wreck it Ralph

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Liquorpuki, Oct 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Heard this is supposed to be the best video game movie of all time

Who's watching?

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 6502

you mean only video game movie of all time..... no I jest and kinda wish :/. Its obviously better than that ******** they call resident evil movies. I bet the uncharted movie if that ever happens will be way better.

3. macrumors 6502

Super Mario Bros? It was so bad it was awesome.

There were rumors of a Bioshock movie once.

4. macrumors 6502

Yea Now I remember it since you mentioned it. I do remember it being quite bad. lol. But I suppose that's what you get with the circumstances around that story. I feel like certain games should not be made into movies. Mario is one of them.

5. macrumors member

It looks good

From what I've seen of it, it looks brilliant.

Brilliant for children and more than enough references to older games/current games and pop-culture type references.

Disney rarely makes a terrible animated film anyway, I have no doubt that it will be worth a watch.

6. macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I watched this last night. Simply amazing. The story was really good and the graphics were excellent. I really loved the game references both old and new. Qbert is one of the few "real" game characters in this movie. The rest are made up and some closely resemble "real" game characters. That was probably a licensing issue. I liked how techy, geeky and game-centric it was.

7. skottichan, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Still sad that they had to do an analogue for Commander Shepard in the movie, but apparently BioWare has a licensing deal with Funimation and the latter fought to keep Shepard out of Wreck-it-Ralph.

The complete list of cameos is here;
    http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Wreck-It_Ralph/List_of_Cameos

I'm surprised that there weren't many SquarEnix characters, especially Kingdom Hearts characters, but only Sora makes an appearance.

8. macrumors 6502

I never saw him in the movie. Bad Luck. That would of been cool