Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
i bought 2 verizon iphone 5 device only and paid full price. i want to use them on t-mo and was under the impression that the gsm part of verizon part is unlocked? can someone confirm it?

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
thanks for the quick reply, so it will work in usa with t-mo and also overseas, is that correct?

TSKY74

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2012
Tmobile has nano sims. I got one for my AT&T ip5 and works. However I didn't think the version gsm slot would work with AT&T and tmobile in US.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
You can a nano size T-Mobile sim on eBay for about $5. Don't go to the store as they'll probably try to charge $20 for it.

Why not just go to the store and try and get it for free? If that doesn't work get it on eBay.

Do you have any proof they charge $20? Link? Quote? Para-phrase?

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
You can a nano size T-Mobile sim on eBay for about $5. Don't go to the store as they'll probably try to charge $20 for it.

well, that's false. They give out nano-sims for free if you switch from another carrier.

----------

Instead of knocking me down, why don't you inform me then. I always thought Sprint and Verizon were on CDMA networks and ATT and T-Mobile were on GSM Networks.

would be nice if ppl actually researched or know what they are talking about as opposed to talking out of their behinds and spreading misinformation.. just saying

then again, a simple google search is pbly too hard for some

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
well, that's false. They give out nano-sims for free if you switch from another carrier.

----------

Actually, there are issues with some T-mobile stores trying to charge for the sims. Customers who are charged can ask for a refund from customer support. You can find that information with a simple google search.. just saying

would be nice if ppl actually researched or know what they are talking about as opposed to talking out of their behinds and spreading misinformation.. just saying

While talking out of behinds and spreading misinformation is reaching epidemic proportions, the cranial-rectal insertion conflict is almost as prevalent. just saying

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Actually, there are issues with some T-mobile stores trying to charge for the sims. Customers who are charged can ask for a refund from customer support. You can find that information with a simple google search.. just saying

which doesn't prove me wrong at all lol?

oh wait, that makes too much sense..

schools need to make Theory of Knowledge a mandatory course it seems..

Jtludwig

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2012
would be nice if ppl actually researched or know what they are talking about as opposed to talking out of their behinds and spreading misinformation.. Just saying

exactly!

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
which doesn't prove me wrong at all lol?

oh wait, that makes too much sense..

schools need to make Theory of Knowledge a mandatory course it seems..

Funny thing is, at no time did I say you were wrong. Schools need to make Attention to Detail a mandatory course it seems..

BTW, your original response to ann713, you didn't read her post either.

Emphasis added to help you out with this one. No need to thank me. ;)

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Instead of knocking me down, why don't you inform me then. I always thought Sprint and Verizon were on CDMA networks and ATT and T-Mobile were on GSM Networks.

Verizon and Sprint still utilize CDMA. However, Verizon uses SIM for their LTE enabled phones, to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong, or over generalizing it, but this is the case as far as with Verizon's iPhone 5. Sent from my iPhone 5

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

----------

Then, what's the purpose of you being a member of this forum where 80-90% of the members here are searching for answers and troubleshooting issues. You knock down people like me with your rude nasty comments. If you don't want to help, then don't waste the energy to reply @sshole.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.