Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:55 PM   #1
MorganJones
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
Another week, another Tuesday, iMac?

Some reason I'm not feeling the new 21" iMac being released this tuesday but we never know, apple still has 'available in November' on their site and November isn't over quite yet... Do you think we will see it this tuesday? Or even this month in fact?
Morgan (yes I am one of the ever growing number of new converts waiting on an iMac. Despite having a host of other apple devices and shares (let's not go there) I have not yet owned a mac)
MorganJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Zackmd1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland US
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganJones View Post
Some reason I'm not feeling the new 21" iMac being released this tuesday but we never know, apple still has 'available in November' on their site and November isn't over quite yet... Do you think we will see it this tuesday? Or even this month in fact?
Morgan (yes I am one of the ever growing number of new converts waiting on an iMac. Despite having a host of other apple devices and shares (let's not go there) I have not yet owned a mac)
I feel if they are going to release it this month it will be this week for the simple fact that Friday in the US is Black Friday and having no imac for sale in stores is not going to be a good thing.
Zackmd1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:02 PM   #3
MorganJones
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
But do they want to be giving away discounts when already Tim Cook has said the don't won't have enough for the expected demand?....
MorganJones is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Zackmd1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland US
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganJones View Post
But do they want to be giving away discounts when already Tim Cook has said the don't won't have enough for the expected demand?....
Well that I'm not so sure about... Nothing says they haft to sell the iMac at a discounted price as they would probably still get massive sales from people walking in buying other items and wind up buying an iMac as well.
Zackmd1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:10 PM   #5
MorganJones
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, UK
An iMac seems like a fairly big impulse buy. Especially for shoppers looking for discounts
MorganJones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Zackmd1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland US
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganJones View Post
An iMac seems like a fairly big impulse buy. Especially for shoppers looking for discounts
But not so much if you factor in the fact that people haven't been able to buy an iMac for over a month now...
Zackmd1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:20 PM   #7
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Question iMacs sell fast?

This will be my first iMac.....do iMacs generally sell as quickly as iPads, iPods, and iPhones? I have a MacBook Pro and I was able to walk into the store and purchase one without having to wait or look around at other stores
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion| 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD| iPad Air| iPad mini| iPhone 5S| Airport Extreme 2013| Airport Express 2012| Apple TV 3rd G| iPod Touch 5G|apple:
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:27 PM   #8
Zackmd1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland US
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLE-FANATIC View Post
This will be my first iMac.....do iMacs generally sell as quickly as iPads, iPods, and iPhones? I have a MacBook Pro and I was able to walk into the store and purchase one without having to wait or look around at other stores
Generally they do not because of the higher price but there is no telling with this iMac release because as stated above even Tim Cook does not believe they will be able to manufacture enough to meet demand.
Zackmd1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:32 PM   #9
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmd1 View Post
Generally they do not because of the higher price but there is no telling with this iMac release because as stated above even Tim Cook does not believe they will be able to manufacture enough to meet demand.
Yea, I could see that happening, plus now a lot of companies are beginning to use iMacs. Here's hope for a release this week
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion| 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD| iPad Air| iPad mini| iPhone 5S| Airport Extreme 2013| Airport Express 2012| Apple TV 3rd G| iPod Touch 5G|apple:
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:24 PM   #10
AmtrakRider
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
I hope this comes out sooner rather then later.
AmtrakRider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:25 PM   #11
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmd1 View Post
I feel if they are going to release it this month it will be this week for the simple fact that Friday in the US is Black Friday and having no imac for sale in stores is not going to be a good thing.
I don't think their BF sales have ever been so remarkable that it will hurt them.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:26 PM   #12
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmtrakRider View Post
I hope this comes out sooner rather then later.
You and I both!!!
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion| 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD| iPad Air| iPad mini| iPhone 5S| Airport Extreme 2013| Airport Express 2012| Apple TV 3rd G| iPod Touch 5G|apple:
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:32 PM   #13
Zackmd1
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland US
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
I don't think their BF sales have ever been so remarkable that it will hurt them.
Well the point I was trying to go for is from a marketing standpoint if there are no production issues this week would be the week to launch the 21.5.
Zackmd1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:35 PM   #14
flopticalcube
macrumors G4
 
flopticalcube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In the velcro closure of America's Hat
No need for a Tuesday as its already been announced.
__________________
Read the Rules / Search the Forums / Use a Descriptive Title
Mac Won't Boot?
flopticalcube is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:51 PM   #15
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem
 
GoCubsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmd1 View Post
Well the point I was trying to go for is from a marketing standpoint if there are no production issues this week would be the week to launch the 21.5.
That's true. Unfortunately though you can't suddenly get past production issues just because of BF.
GoCubsGo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:08 PM   #16
APPLE-FANATIC
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, TX
Ok, again this is my first iMac. Whats the deal with "Tuesday" releases for the iMac, is this the day they have been released in the past? Sorry, have everything else by Mac and they have been released same day or on a Friday. I just keep hearing "Tuesday" in all of the threads
__________________
2012 Late 21.5" iMac 3.1GHz 16Gb 1TB+Fusion| 2013 Late rMBP 16GB 512-SSD| iPad Air| iPad mini| iPhone 5S| Airport Extreme 2013| Airport Express 2012| Apple TV 3rd G| iPod Touch 5G|apple:
APPLE-FANATIC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:32 PM   #17
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLE-FANATIC View Post
Ok, again this is my first iMac. Whats the deal with "Tuesday" releases for the iMac, is this the day they have been released in the past? Sorry, have everything else by Mac and they have been released same day or on a Friday. I just keep hearing "Tuesday" in all of the threads
Yeah, it's a historical thing. Apple usually announces/releases new things on Tuesdays. It's also a common day for press releases for other companies too. Not Monday when everyone is just getting going, but still plenty of time in the rest of the week for journalists to write about it, etc.
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:36 PM   #18
AmtrakRider
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLE-FANATIC View Post
You and I both!!!
My late 2006 C2D is deff getting a little long in the tooth.
AmtrakRider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:59 PM   #19
MactheNate
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
well i hope it is this tuesday, hope springs eternal
MactheNate is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:02 AM   #20
gCraft0r
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Do they release it on a tuesday in each country? Or the USA tuesday is first then it goes online at each other store?
gCraft0r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:23 AM   #21
Isengardtom
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Usually iMac releases are International

Only iOS devices have US releases first
Isengardtom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:28 AM   #22
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816
 
iMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by gCraft0r View Post
Do they release it on a tuesday in each country? Or the USA tuesday is first then it goes online at each other store?
It's released the same time globally of course. And I think we will see a release close to 30th of November with a delivery date some time next year.... Except a few popping up at the stores. There are clearly some major production issues with this model and Apple is trying to keep their mask on as hard as possible.
__________________
27" iMac Retina | 13" MacBook Air - 2013 | iPhone 6 | iPad Air 2 ...etc
iMcLovin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:39 AM   #23
washburn
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcLovin View Post
It's released the same time globally of course. And I think we will see a release close to 30th of November with a delivery date some time next year.... Except a few popping up at the stores. There are clearly some major production issues with this model and Apple is trying to keep their mask on as hard as possible.
I disagree, what could have happened is they were working on it for ages (internals totally new now) and also ran into the manufacturing problems which took a long time to resolve so its only recently that they started the mass production.
washburn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:41 AM   #24
Isengardtom
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMcLovin View Post
It's released the same time globally of course. And I think we will see a release close to 30th of November with a delivery date some time next year.... Except a few popping up at the stores. There are clearly some major production issues with this model and Apple is trying to keep their mask on as hard as possible.
Agreed

Apple needs to improve its QC and sort itself out. Lately too many little ( and not so little) hiccups ( maps, Siri, iMac, iMessage failures, ...)
Isengardtom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:37 AM   #25
iMcLovin
macrumors 65816
 
iMcLovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by washburn View Post
I disagree, what could have happened is they were working on it for ages (internals totally new now) and also ran into the manufacturing problems which took a long time to resolve so its only recently that they started the mass production.
U wanna bet? I'm absolutely certain they still have manufacturing issues. Maybe it's improving but these iMacs were clearly announced prematurely because the 2011 iMacs were out of stock. No better solution was found than simply over promise on the new coming model and its release dates.
__________________
27" iMac Retina | 13" MacBook Air - 2013 | iPhone 6 | iPad Air 2 ...etc
iMcLovin is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New iMac today? Last Tuesday of August Min-Chi Kuo. omenatarhuri iMac 16 Aug 29, 2013 08:55 AM
Week One - New iMac stockcerts iMac 16 Feb 8, 2013 11:35 PM
New iMac 21.5 this week? Compton1113 iMac 77 Nov 20, 2012 06:24 PM
Cross your fingers for iMac 21" Tuesday jmah88 iMac 52 Nov 14, 2012 10:30 AM
If there were a new iMac next week.... RobinHood5 iMac 11 Oct 16, 2012 05:51 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC