Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:21 AM   #151
Donka
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iapplelove View Post
Anyone who is using a lot of iMovie and or heavy gaming isn't going to use an iPad but a Mac of some kind
Depends on how you use it. If you want to run demanding games on the go or places where you wouldn't take Macbook then the iPad is a great fit. Same goes for iMovie, if you had your iPad on holiday and wanted to render simple but lengthy movies then again the increased horsepower in the 4 is a good fit.
Donka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:27 AM   #152
Battlefield Fan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling65 View Post
I am clearly (as you said) prefer to ask question dealing with posters like you, anyway lol to your iphone5 64g ...
Jelly much with your low end 16GB? There isn't enough toast for all your jelly.
Battlefield Fan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:40 PM   #153
BiggAW
macrumors 68020

It's a 4S but still... don't make fun of the 64GB iPhones!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Nov 15, 19 35 21.png
Views:	9
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	377550  
SGS III, White VeriPad 3 32GB 7.0.4 JB'ed
BiggAW is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:47 PM   #154
JSUDaniel
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booji View Post
Agreed. I use my 3 primarily for content consumption and the occasional game. For 98% of my use, the 4 offers no perceivable advantage over the 3. I've seen the multiple video comparisons of app and page loads - almost impossible to tell the difference.
I totally disagree. Web browsing is BLAZING fast. Apps load very quickly and there is absolutely no lagging. This upgrade will end up costing me only about a $175 when my last generation sells. That's less than a dollar a day for using it for the past 7 months, which is something I can tolerate.
JSUDaniel is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:51 PM   #155
reputationZed
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebermuda View Post
Marginally better? Surely you jest. Sell your iPad 3 as soon as possible and move up the New iPad with Retina display 4 as it simply blows away the old last generation iPad3. You should have kept an eye on chip architecture progress, if you had been attentive you would have been an informed consumer and never purchased the old iPad 3 in the first place. It truly is a pity for those stuck with an iPad 3.
Somebody has their smug boy pants on. I bought iPad4 to replace my iPad2 and while its noticeably faster than the 2 in real world use I wouldn't say it blows the older iPad away in anything other than bench marks. It's a nice improvement over the 2/3 but hardly any reason to gloat.
reputationZed is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:31 AM   #156
Bhs1975
macrumors newbie

Sold my ipad 3 16gb wifi yesterday for 380 and got the 4 and glad I did as I like gaming. The 3 is to underpowed for the games that are gonna be comming out. 150 dollars is nothing to upgrade compared to a pc where grahics cards cost 300+ with little resale value on old one.
Bhs1975 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:22 PM   #157
PrayForDeath
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
Wait, you can download music from Slacker? This I did not know
PrayForDeath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:11 PM   #158
Mechinyun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaneCollegeboy View Post
Im glad you like the 4, i couldn't to myself justify getting the 4 knowing a redesign with better batteries is around the corner (spring).
How do you know their release schedule? Has this been posted officially somewhere?
Mechinyun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:35 PM   #159
SeanR1
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechinyun View Post
How do you know their release schedule? Has this been posted officially somewhere?
Was the iPad 4 officially posted? Was the iPad mini officially posted? Better safe than sorry at this point.
SeanR1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:53 PM   #160
BiggAW
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayForDeath View Post
Wait, you can download music from Slacker? This I did not know
Not songs, but you can cache up to 25 stations. So at work, I don't have to use bandwidth, which makes my 2GB plan unlimited for all practical purposes, and it also works a lot better when the network is flaky (the system in my building at work is flaky). It's annoying to go through an select them one by one at first, but once you have it set up, it's pretty slick, and really easy to refresh them.
SGS III, White VeriPad 3 32GB 7.0.4 JB'ed
BiggAW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:23 PM   #161
whitesand
macrumors regular

My wife and I just got the new Ipad with the A6X...WOW...It is FAST, practically seamless in operation...Apps load instantly and gameplay is smooth...Boots up and shuts down fast....I thought our iphone 5 was fast, and it is, but this is even on another level.
whitesand is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:10 PM   #162
whitesand
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUDaniel View Post
I totally disagree. Web browsing is BLAZING fast. Apps load very quickly and there is absolutely no lagging. This upgrade will end up costing me only about a $175 when my last generation sells. That's less than a dollar a day for using it for the past 7 months, which is something I can tolerate.
That's not bad at all....High resale value is nice!
whitesand is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:34 AM   #163
yegon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggAW View Post
Agreed, I always go max capacity.

Cloud is great for documents etc but is the enemy of high bitrate music and video. I have true unlimited data here in the UK, its fast and I get great signal almost everywhere, but its useless in larger buildings, specifically the gym, for streaming. I hear people respond with "wifi hotspots!" but they're universally **** for anything beyond basic browsing. Equally, having to rely on the off chance you're even near one is a ballache. But, given how much I hear people praise the cloud for everything, I assume the majority are happy with crappy 128kbps music and low bitrate video. Urgh. Local storage FTW.
yegon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:05 AM   #164
The Game 161
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesand View Post
My wife and I just got the new Ipad with the A6X...WOW...It is FAST, practically seamless in operation...Apps load instantly and gameplay is smooth...Boots up and shuts down fast....I thought our iphone 5 was fast, and it is, but this is even on another level.
Bet I will see a big difference from my ipad 2 when I get the 4 next month
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:08 AM   #165
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanR1 View Post
Was the iPad 4 officially posted? Was the iPad mini officially posted? Better safe than sorry at this point.
But then the ipad 6 will be out six months later, and if you wait an additional year the battery will be even better.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:09 AM   #166
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

My 4 is on a truck for delivery now. Pretty exciting.
steve dave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:50 PM   #167
iPadLoverBe
macrumors newbie

3 > 4 ... Good move

Got my iPad 4...3 is up for sale. Got a gift card for staying with Verizon FIOS which was unrelated to this, that should make up a lot of the difference. I am a very heavy user both at work and at home, so am used to the 3 speed. I noticed the speed difference immediately. I have a very fast WIFI and saw the difference as people have said browsing right away. LTE is quicker of course as well. The main reason for the upgrade though was that I have a photography side business and as part of my workflow, immediately import my 28MB raw photos into the iPad. It takes forever on my iPad 3, but gives me some security should my SD card go bad ...always have your photos in two places...photo gospel. I will take a bunch of photos over Thanksgiving and post up feelings on speed both in upload and in iPhoto performance. I am hoping for a bigger difference than less hefty CPU/GPU chores.

You know what though, that's a great rationalization, but I absolutely love the snap I am getting just doing normal things. I know, read all the crap about it not making a big difference, but I am seeing it. Good choice if you can get away with a good resale and don't have to spend a lot on the upgrade.
iPadLoverBe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:47 PM   #168
RHAngel
macrumors newbie

This is my iPad 4.

Black image in full dark, 50% brightness and 100% brightness.

Too bad I'm living in third world country and have no chance to exchange ipads to find a good one because I don't have an apple store
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_CSC7030.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	379152   Click image for larger version

Name:	_CSC7031.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	379153  
RHAngel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:50 PM   #169
Anti-Lucifer
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHAngel View Post
This is my iPad 4.

Black image in full dark, 50% brightness and 100% brightness.

Too bad I'm living in third world country and have no chance to exchange ipads to find a good one because I don't have an apple store
funny how my new ipad 4 is the EXACT same as your's in terms of light leak! But I don't care because never do I watch a movie in full darkness with the screen brightness at 100%! Unless that part of the movie was all black to begin with, I see no issues worth hassling about!
Anti-Lucifer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:59 PM   #170
RHAngel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Lucifer View Post
funny how my new ipad 4 is the EXACT same as your's in terms of light leak! But I don't care because never do I watch a movie in full darkness with the screen brightness at 100%! Unless that part of the movie was all black to begin with, I see no issues worth hassling about!
I see no issues too, but ... this is the 4 gen and still the same. Again and again.
RHAngel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad