Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I still think the problems with the IP5 and the production not meeting demand is the probable reason for the non-apperance of the new iMacs....Apple did not foresee the issues Foxconn had when putting the new phone together, and this has pushed back production schedules.

Grockel

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
Devon, UK
I was in an apple retail store yesterday and asked the staff about the likelihood of getting a new iMac bought and delivered for the family before xmas.

I even drew there attention to the sales documents on the new Sony AIO (SVL2412Z1E) I'd just obtained from the nearby shop, and had been guaranteed one from the stock in the neighbouring city.

My question was obviously, if I wait, is an iMac likely to appear in time ?

I have two observations on this :

(i) the staff appeared to know little more than us, which is often stated by others on the forum. This did strike me as a little unusual if the product was really going to be delivered to the shop the next day for sale on Tuesday.

(ii) despite the obvious inference that I was going to buy a Sony unless they had some positive news, it was very clear that the staff had little or no confidence in the 27" appearing this side of Xmas. The 'available in december' party line was delivered with very weak language that conveyed a sense of forlorn hope rather than genuine belief.

Obviously comments from a couple of staff in a single store are statistically of very limited weight, so I'd be delighted to be proven overly pessimistic.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
I was in an apple retail store yesterday and asked the staff about the likelihood of getting a new iMac bought and delivered for the family before xmas.

I even drew there attention to the sales documents on the new Sony AIO (SVL2412Z1E) I'd just obtained from the nearby shop, and had been guaranteed one from the stock in the neighbouring city.

My question was obviously, if I wait, is an iMac likely to appear in time ?

I have two observations on this :

(i) the staff appeared to know little more than us, which is often stated by others on the forum. This did strike me as a little unusual if the product was really going to be delivered to the shop the next day for sale on Tuesday.

(ii) despite the obvious inference that I was going to buy a Sony unless they had some positive news, it was very clear that the staff had little or no confidence in the 27" appearing this side of Xmas. The 'available in december' party line was delivered with very weak language that conveyed a sense of forlorn hope rather than genuine belief.

Obviously comments from a couple of staff in a single store are statistically of very limited weight, so I'd be delighted to be proven overly pessimistic.

I do not understand why you find this strange..

Although they are getting new hardware the software is still the same as what we have today so they have nothing to be trained on. Store staff would only find out if they have a store move planned or a new product launch. I would guess the only people that may know in advance would the genius bar folk.

They also do not tell staff so things are not leaked online, and also to build the hype.. because no matter what we think about the wait people are still talking about the new look iMac.

And again for those talking about pre-orders, it is not as simple as people think. A pre-authrisation of a bank card normally falls off after 10 days this would mean Apple would either need to keep pre-authorising cards or take the risk of building machines and the customers cancelling. I am also sure people would not be too happy if apple took $2000 from an account and made you wait 6 weeks.

Swagger89

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Singapore
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

Source: 9to5Mac

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apple...il-2013-still-on-track-for-november-december/

This should put those rumors to rest. patience is a virtue.

lee27

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
Apple’s redesigned iMac launches not delayed until 2013, still on track for November-December

According to our sources, Apple’s already announced plans for November and December launches of the redesigned 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac lines are still on track. This refutes a report from French site MacBidouille which claimed that both the new 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs would see their respective launches delayed until 2013.

Our sources say that Apple is already shipping new 21.5-inch iMacs to its distribution hubs across the United States and several other countries across the world. These sources also expect the 21.5-inch computers to be available to order from Apple’s online store by the end of this month. It is also likely that the new models will reach Apple’s physical retail stores by the end of November. More details after the break:

The 27-inch version seems to still be launching in December, as Apple announced, and even though these higher-end models are expected to launch in December, our sources say that there is a high chance that they will be available to order from Apple’s online store at the same time, or around the same time, as the 21.5-inch models.

Our sources also say that the new iMacs, at launch, will be in relatively short supply, mainly outside of the United States. Apple CEO Tim Cook, during Apple’s latest earnings call, noted the expected iMac shortages:

On the iMac we’ll be constrained for the full quarter in a significant way… there will be a short amount of time to manufacturer and ramp those and I expect demand to be robust… we will have a significant shortage.

With all of that said, the important part to emphasize is that these machines will very likely meet Apple’s November and December launch expectations, and will not be delayed into next year as others have reported.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/19/apple...il-2013-still-on-track-for-november-december/

Great News!!!!

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas

You saved me a post, I was just reading this from 9to5Mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.