Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's stock price has surged nearly 6 percent today following extremely bullish comments from Topeka's Brian White. White feels that the recent drop off in Apple's stock price has little to do with the fundamentals of the company and that the stock is ready for significant growth.

aapl.jpg
In our view, the sell off in Apple's stock over the past eight weeks has gotten to the point of being "insanely insane" given the depressed valuation (CY13 P/E of 7.6x ex-cash), new blockbuster products for the holiday season, the attractive long-term growth opportunities that lie ahead and the Company's ability to distribute significant cash flow to investors. Those investors that have missed Apple or have been under-weight the stock, now have another opportunity to buy Apple before sentiment takes a turn for the positive during what has historically been the strongest quarter of the year for the stock.
Apple's stock price broke through the $700 barrier for the first time back in September but had been on a significant slide since then.

Update: Apple ended the day up $38/share, or more than 7 percent, closing at $565.

Article Link: AAPL Surging Following Extremely Positive Analyst Comments

SuperMatt

Suspended
Mar 28, 2002
In my opinion, many of these "analysts" should be investigated by the SEC. After Apple's earnings call, it was all doom-and-gloom. Now that it appears they've pushed the stock down as low as it will go, they're all "best stock EVAH!" again. They all dumped at $700, spread bad news, now they're reversing course. Bringing the stock back up should be a far easier task than crushing it for them, considering just how insanely great Apple's earnings continue to be.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
In my opinion, many of these "analysts" should be investigated by the SEC. After Apple's earnings call, it was all doom-and-gloom. Now that it appears they've pushed the stock down as low as it will go, they're all "best stock EVAH!" again. They all dumped at $700, spread bad news, now they're reversing course. Bringing the stock back up should be a far easier task than crushing it for them, considering just how insanely great Apple's earnings continue to be.

It does seem to be an easy way to make money.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Personally I don't think it's because of Analysts comments but a decent "correction" in the sell off of shares that occurred over the past couple of weeks.

There are analysts posting comments almost on a daily basis.

Last edited:

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Well, if that's all it takes to add 31 dollars to the price, he should just call 4-5 more buddies to also post some "very positive comments" to run it right back to $700... or maybe 7-8 buddies could write some positive things to run it to $800.

Better yet, why not just deem the Apple faithful on this site as "analysts" and the stock price could run to the moon.

coder12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Personally I don't think it's because of Analysts comments by a decent "correction" in the sell off of shares that occurred over the past couple of weeks.

There are analysts posting comments almost on a daily basis.

Agreed; once again, everybody's stocks (Including Amazon and Google) are following this trend. That's just how the market works, your stocks will recede and grow as the market fluctuates.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
I remember when I bought stock at $16 a share. Best decision I ever made. </DREAM>

I remember thinking about buying at $16 a share. The G5 had just come out, and I thought it would turn things around for Apple ("this platform has legs!"). Turns out a little device called the iPod was actually responsible for turning the company around.

In the end, I didn't buy it because I just didn't have enough confidence in the Mac as a platform. C'est la vie.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
Waiting for all the naysayers who have been using the stock price to prove that Apple is failing to jump in and proclaim how obviously Apple is no longer doomed; Just look at how the stock is doing. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to some that the speculation of investors is not a direct proxy for the success of a company. If you look at enough stock prices and compare them to the fundamentals and ratios, you will see that investors are anything but rational.

Rocketman

macrumors 603

Attachments

• Picture 27.png
    Picture 27.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 465
  • Picture 25.png
    Picture 25.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

shulerg

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
Apple has truly rewarded the faithful who've hung onto the stock since the early 90s, when every sign and sage said sell.

Limboistik

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2011
I hate how I bought in before the heavily manipulated stock prices :/

Still holding on to $664.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Phew. I'm glad. I was really getting worried $500 billion market cap wasn't going to be enough to keep the doors open through 2013.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
The analyst comments might help but I think AAPL is surging more due to overall market conditions because of hopes for the so-called "fiscal cliff". My trading platform is showing green across the screen across all the stocks I'm watching today. On top of that, all the indexes are up. On top of that, Asian shares and futures were up yesterday. The massive gap up is probably due to the fact that AAPL is severely oversold due to a market correction, panic, profit taking, world economic crisis, and rumors.

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2007
The analyst comments might help but I think AAPL is surging more due to overall market conditions because of hopes for the so-called "fiscal cliff". My trading platform is showing green across the screen across all the stocks I'm watching today. On top of that, all the indexes are up.

Which is why I doubled my stake in a Vanguard S&P 500 index fund, rather than pouring it all into one bucket of risk with AAPL. If anyone here can beat the S&P year in and year out, they should be a fund manager for Berkshire Hathaway.

----------

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16320706#post16320706

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16320706/

http://t.co/MTjw5cuK

This is being declared a "generational bottom" by several commentators on CNBC. The ones that are right 70% of the time. We'll see. They are only looking for a 2x-3x not a 40x like we saw before. Law of large numbers.

Rocketman

The funny thing about chartistry is that the "trendline" changes radically depending on what timeframe and how much data you're looking at. Technical analysis is the process of drawing a longer line based on the earlier parts of the line.... that's not analytics at all. That's dart throwing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.