Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1
rishi27
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Apple support is awesome!!

Just gave a call to apple support cause of my battery issues, they are sending me a replacement...

Now I just hope the replacement is not refurbished or scuffed right outta box..
rishi27 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:50 PM   #2
CowboysFan
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi27 View Post
Just gave a call to apple support cause of my battery issues, they are sending me a replacement...

Now I just hope the replacement is not refurbished or scuffed right outta box..
Well do yourself a favor and don't look into the serial number. As long as you don't do that you won't be able to tell it's refurbished.
CowboysFan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:52 PM   #3
rishi27
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysFan View Post
Well do yourself a favor and don't look into the serial number. As long as you don't do that you won't be able to tell it's refurbished.
Can't help it... That would be the first thing I will look at
rishi27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:54 PM   #4
CowboysFan
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi27 View Post
Can't help it... That would be the first thing I will look at
Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed. What battery issues were you having?
CowboysFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:01 PM   #5
rishi27
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysFan View Post
Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed. What battery issues were you having?
Stop jinxing it!... Battery backup was pretty bad, it would die on me with only less than 4 hrs of use.
rishi27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:06 PM   #6
tymaster50
macrumors 68030
 
tymaster50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
It's just a phone man,
inb4it's700eventhoughionlypaid200
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:06 PM   #7
rishi27
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysFan View Post
Well considering that it's been over a month since the release and the fact that so many were initially returned be ready to be highly disappointed.
On the other note if it turns out to be a refurbished one, can I ask for a new peice cause my original phone is like 2 weeks old??
rishi27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:09 PM   #8
tymaster50
macrumors 68030
 
tymaster50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi27 View Post
On the other note if it turns out to be a refurbished one, can I ask for a new peice cause my original phone is like 2 weeks old??
You can ask but I doubt you're gonna get one, you sent your phone back and asked for a replacement and you got one.
tymaster50 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:29 PM   #9
CowboysFan
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymaster50 View Post
You can ask but I doubt you're gonna get one, you sent your phone back and asked for a replacement and you got one.
I don't really get what your issue is with a refurbished phone anyway. I get the idea of people saying well I bought a new phone and I want a new replacement but for all purposes a rufurbished phone is brand new. They replaced everything in and around the phone that matters. I'd say you either should have lived with a phone that got you 4 hours of use or be happy that you are getting what can be argued to be a brand new phone either way.
CowboysFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:20 PM   #10
rishi27
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Got my Replacement phone today in a slim white box. But just checked for its imei number with unlock_fusion and it seems to be already unlocked... How come??
rishi27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:26 PM   #11
northernbaldy
macrumors 6502a
 
northernbaldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: the north, UK
I don't know of any other company that beats apple on customer service
__________________
17" MacBook pro, MacMini Server, iPhone 5 64gb, AppleTV, iPad 32gb wifi, 11" MacBook Air
northernbaldy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:49 PM   #12
wknapp0924
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Personally I think I would rather get a refurbished unit.

Apples QC > FOXCONN QC.
wknapp0924 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome Smartwatch ... Looks Like Apple Patent pingjintao iPhone Accessories 29 Jun 21, 2013 01:40 PM
Awesome runner with awesome art and music: Grilly The Cheese Piasa Games iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 May 28, 2013 06:32 PM
My awesome experience with Apple! TC400 MacBook Pro 18 Apr 23, 2013 07:19 PM
Apple is so awesome!! And here's why.... cjjr72984 Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 6 Dec 20, 2012 06:25 PM
List your awesome apps (support retina) golf1410 iPad Apps 0 Jun 18, 2012 02:12 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC