Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malachiman

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2008
New Zealand
How come no iPad Mini? :(

I went into a local store that was advertising the iPad Mini, I thought great, I can finally have a hands on... went in to find a bare stand. Ask the guy and he said everything sold the moment it arrived lol why would they discount it, they cant even it up with the demand as it is.

Last edited:

raleigh1208

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2006
Raleigh, NC
For those that keep asking the same questions:

No you can't combine BF discounts with corporate or edu discounts--it's one or the other.

Don't be offended by the Apple BF discounts--check out the page with the prior year BF discounts and you'll see the deals are about the same each and every year--nothing special. So check them out and if there is something you need, order it, if not, don't, but don't sit there and complain; Apple can sell billions whether or not they give you a good BF deal or not--do you think they are losing sleep tonight worrying about your complaints?

Finally, MIDNIGHT in the US for Apple BF deals is Midnight Pacific time, so if you're waiting up for them, you've got a long wait--it will be 3 am for us on the East Coast--so take my advice and go to bed--they'll be there in the morning!

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
Wacom Bamboo stylus $17, Amazon glitch, but ok for U.S.?

Someone mentioned Amazon was no good for sales, but it might be for the U.S.

Went to Amazon Canada to check the Bamboo Stylus Solo and was pleasantly surprised to see it was discounted at $17 instead of ~$30. http://www.amazon.ca/Wacom-CS100K-B...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353642391&sr=1-1
When I finished my shopping and went to check out, Amazon says to the effect, can't ship internationally please change your address!

So I'm sure the sale must be good for you U.S. neighbours.
I ended up buying same in green at about $30 which they were happy to ship to me. Bought it because I noticed the styluses were often sold out at other sites I was browsing, and many don't ship to Canada anyways.

michelepri

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rome, Paris, Berlin
I would love to see Europeans celebrating thanksgiving. It's not about presents, it's not about lies, it's just about eating well with friends and family. In my opinion nicer than Xmas. But Europeans seem more interested in picking up Halloween, which I don't particularly care for.

Black friday is not the best part of thanksgiving, because it gets quite rough sometimes. But I would still love europeans to take this day off, try to learn more about thanksgiving, eat well, and maybe give me a chance to get a macbook air at a decent price.

Also, let's not forget, thanksgiving is the only day of the year that Americans are guaranteed to eat much better than Europeans. I'm not saying they don't eat properly the rest of the year, because just like Germany it depends on many factors, mainly geography. People in California enjoy great food and wine, while I say horrific things in Manchester and Northern Germany. But on thanksgiving, every American (almost) gets a very tasty meal and a nice holiday.

Back to Apple sales, I hope we get discounts here too, but I would like to let Europeans learn about why they are getting those discounts :)

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
I would love to see Europeans celebrating thanksgiving. It's not about presents, it's not about lies, it's just about eating well with friends and family. In my opinion nicer than Xmas. But Europeans seem more interested in picking up Halloween, which I don't particularly care for.

[...]

Also, let's not forget, thanksgiving is the only day of the year that Americans are guaranteed to eat much better than Europeans.

Are you suggesting that all that fat and sugar is considered "eating healthy"? I don't know about you, but last time I checked every second American is considered obese.
I HATE it when little kids here in Germany think they have to come around and do trick or treat. Worst is, those are usually kids from families out off certain social class...yet they probably don't even know the lyrics of the national anthem. Do we really HAVE to copy everything from the Americans?

(This is by no means meant as a rant against Americans...it is a rant against the non integrity of my fellow landsman)

gyang333

macrumors member
May 22, 2011
on a more on-topic note.... does anyone know when we can expect the site to be done updating/being down for service?

kfscoll

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2009
Are you suggesting that all that fat and sugar is considered "eating healthy"? I don't know about you, but last time I checked every second American is considered obese.
I HATE it when little kids here in Germany think they have to come around and do trick or treat. Worst is, those are usually kids from families out off certain social class...yet they probably don't even know the lyrics of the national anthem. Do we really HAVE to copy everything from the Americans?

(This is by no means meant as a rant against Americans...it is a rant against the non integrity of my fellow landsman)
Re-read his post. Nowhere in it did he use the word "healthy."

Tennor

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2006
Does the sale last 24 hours? Do they only sell a limited number of products at the sale price, or is it available on each product the entire day?

I need to know if I need to stay up tonight....

MacSince'85

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Now the wait begins

I just ordered my first iPad for the second time (iPad 4 64Gb Wi-Fi). The first order arrives sometime next week and is going straight back to Walmart unopened along with their cheesy "free" accessory bundle. I only wish that Apple would have discounted the iPad Mini too as I cannot find anyone who will sell me an LTE model online :( and the nearest BestBuy is 60 mi away.

PS: In response to the comment about spending time with the family versus Black Friday shopping ... that is exactly why I missed the BB and Target online sales because I spent the day with my wife and children instead of getting my usual morning dose of MacRumors and was oblivious until it was too late. There is always time after everyone is in bed though ;).

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
£80 off the £1800 15" Retina MBP. Rough guess says that 4% off? That's kind of pathetic.

----------

A friend of mine joked that "we do have Thanksgiving [in the UK], it's called Sunday". But it's true - Sunday roasts are where families get together and have a big meal. I still drive down to my parents most Sundays, and sometimes cousins come round, always grandparents. It's quite common over here.

jahman

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
UK
£80 off the £1800 15" Retina MBP. Rough guess says that 4% off? That's kind of pathetic.

----------

Yup. 4.5% in fact. Better than a poke in the eye. It means it's half price for a 16GB RAM upgrade. Feels like they at least bought me dinner before they f£$%ed me.

Also got £21 off a 2TB Time Capsule. Overall £102 saving. Worth having IMHO.

greenmeanie

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
AmigaWarez
I was hoping our GOV would stop copying your high taxes and forced medical insurance.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Let me just say, anyone complaining about apple's "pathetic" discounts should really calm down.... I just ordered my Macbook air and saved $105. Is that a HUGE savings?? NO! Am I happy that $105 is still in my pocket that wouldn't be on any other day of the year?? YEAH!

Appreciate what they do, and appreciate any savings you can get. I think apples products are more than worth the prices they charge, and anything less than those is bonus! Heck, if I knew people were going to buy my products regardless of prices or sales, I would do the same thing!

Remember, they're in the business of making money, and have a responsibility to their shareholders to continue to do so. So great job apple, and I can't wait for my macbook air!! :apple:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Yup. 4.5% in fact. Better than a poke in the eye.

Just seems to me that they should offer the same discount that education gets (~13%), only for one day. I'd certainly buy more things than the nothing I bought today.

Xikum

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Im considering buying an iPad at the reduced £~370. I've never owned one before, and currently have an Android tablet that I could sell for about £150 (HP Touchpad flashed with Android).

Not sure if its me just being consumerist, or if its will be a good purchase...probably the first.

jahman

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2010
UK
Just seems to me that they should offer the same discount that education gets (~13%), only for one day. I'd certainly buy more things than the nothing I bought today.

I think they could afford to give away another couple of percent on one day of the year for sure. I imagine a lot of people who aren't students get students to buy computers for them with the educational discount and that'll cost Apple a fair whack every year. Just a pity I don't know any obliging students.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
Went to online store to buy a couple of iPads on BF sale (plus 5% Discovercard discount) and the the Cart is FUBAR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.