Lte, 16gb. I stream everything already around my house so 16gb is plenty for me
Davirdv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:30 AM   #53
KiranB
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davirdv View Post
Lte, 16gb. I stream everything already around my house so 16gb is plenty for me
awesome! .. i will do alot of streaming on puffin browser for all my tv shows that are flash! .. but i will probably be putting movies and tv shows on this as i have decided to give my macbook to my mom, and my job means alot of travel!.. i guess we all have to treat ourselves! lol .. my iphone is 16gb and has hardly anything on it and somehow i only have 2gb left so i thought 32 just to be safe!
KiranB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:45 AM   #54
mbatty
macrumors newbie

Where do you live? Anyone in central London got there's yet...? Nothing in Liverpool St yet.
mbatty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:54 AM   #55
Davirdv
macrumors member

Deepest darkest Wales, close to swansea. The driver rang me at 8am to tell me what time he was coming as he was a bit delayed.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:56 AM   #56
Borjan
macrumors regular

After using the wifi version for a while, I'm seriously tempted on upgrading to the LTE version. I dont even need a connection THAT often when I'm out and about, but it still would be nice.

For now, I'm going to see if connecting to The Cloud wifi hotspots thanks to the sky subcription is enough. If not, I might first try a Mifi. That way my laptop will also get internet.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:09 AM   #57
mbatty
macrumors newbie

Arrived safe and sound - Liverpool St, London
mbatty is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:36 AM   #58
Radeon12345
macrumors regular

I'm around 7 miles from Swansea, still waiting for my iPad 4 64gb white via UPS. The shipping said by end of the day.

When I ordered the iPhone 5 it said delivered by end of the day via UPS, and that came by around 3pm, so hopefully it won't be to long
Radeon12345 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:42 AM   #59
KiranB
macrumors member

Still waiting too Birmingham! They said could be waiting until 7pm
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:47 AM   #60
DaKn33
macrumors newbie

Mine arrived at 12noon today!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:36 AM   #61
KiranB
macrumors member

mine just arrived!!!! .. need to find the 3 sim i ordered now!!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:48 AM   #62
LixLev
macrumors regular

Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. Was using my iPad 2, and there was a knock at the door and a DHL van outside so I knew what it was. I felt bad as the moment that door knock happened I literally ditched my iPad 2. Everything is set up on the new retina iPad now, and I've got to say, I love it! The speed is such a difference compared to the iPad 2, and the retina display is stunning!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:29 AM   #63
Davirdv
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radeon12345 View Post
I'm around 7 miles from Swansea, still waiting for my iPad 4 64gb white via UPS. The shipping said by end of the day.

When I ordered the iPhone 5 it said delivered by end of the day via UPS, and that came by around 3pm, so hopefully it won't be to long
I'm around 10miles from Swansea.. Arrived yet?

I'm loving my 4, full 3g signal everywhere (my 4s is on tesco which doesn't get 3G in the valleys)
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:58 PM   #64
KiranB
macrumors member

Quote:

I'm loving my 4, full 3g signal everywhere (my 4s is on tesco which doesn't get 3G in the valleys)
Haven't put my sim in it yet? ... But loving the product red smart case wasn't sure how the engraving would look but it's all good .. I guess we are the first people to get our iPads then!!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:50 PM   #65
Radeon12345
macrumors regular

Quote:

Arrive at 3:03pm

iPad is flawless, screen is perfect, no dents, dust, scratches, dead pixels and the screen tint is even.

Very happy with it.
Radeon12345 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:36 AM   #66
Steveh2780
macrumors member

Received my ipad yesterday afternoon which I was over the moon about- until I opened the box and inspected the ipad.
Found 4-5 dents at the point where the screen meets the bezel and large scuff across the cellular black band. It's going back

Not to mention that today it is in the holiday sale with 51 off. I'm not impressed Apple, first my iphone 5 with scuff gate and now this. Going to return and get a replacement with the 51 off at least

----------

There is a pic of the scuff on the cellular band. Hard to see in the photo but there's also a large scuff/scratch in the aluminium back next to the camera. Not good enough brand new out of box. Hope the rest of you have better luck with your new toy
Steveh2780 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:53 AM   #67
KiranB
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh2780 View Post
Received my ipad yesterday afternoon which I was over the moon about- until I opened the box and inspected the ipad.
Found 4-5 dents at the point where the screen meets the bezel and large scuff across the cellular black band. It's going back

Not to mention that today it is in the holiday sale with 51 off. I'm not impressed Apple, first my iphone 5 with scuff gate and now this. Going to return and get a replacement with the 51 off at least

----------

There is a pic of the scuff on the cellular band. Hard to see in the photo but there's also a large scuff/scratch in the aluminium back next to the camera. Not good enough brand new out of box. Hope the rest of you have better luck with your new toy
I also got mine yesterday and realised the smart case looked rather used all black marks along the lining ... And then I realised is could have saved 56 so I, going to bullring now as they said the stores have them in..time to queue up I guess .. As. Don't want to wait another few weeks for the engraving I had on the smart case especially if that's the reason the inside of it looks 2 months old own the first day
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:31 AM   #68
ToyGun1
macrumors 6502

Just pick up my ipad 4 Gen 32GB LTE from the apple store for 538. All perfect after been through 9 iPhone 5 since launch day.
ToyGun1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:11 AM   #69
Davirdv
macrumors member

Quote:

----------

well that sucks, hope you get it sorted! mine came perfect, not a mark on it (im massively ocd with things like that) screen is perfect no dead pixels, uniform tint, no bleeding that ive seen.. also got the screen protector on perfect first time. i think i will let apple off the 1 day sale price as im too busy playing with it
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:18 AM   #70
Steveh2780
macrumors member

Hi all, just got back from the Apple store. Sending the replacement back and waiting for refund. Went into the store and picked up another ipad, got a 64GB for 608 which was good, also a smart case for 26 in the Holiday sale. Got home, ipad is in better condition but noticed a deep scratch next to the on/off switch, what a pain!! Going to keep this one and hope everything else Is ok on it. Still not 100% satisfied but I can't be back and forth getting replacements like this. I will reconsider apple purchases in the future though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	379258  
Steveh2780 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:21 PM   #71
The Game 161
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by LixLev View Post
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. Was using my iPad 2, and there was a knock at the door and a DHL van outside so I knew what it was. I felt bad as the moment that door knock happened I literally ditched my iPad 2. Everything is set up on the new retina iPad now, and I've got to say, I love it! The speed is such a difference compared to the iPad 2, and the retina display is stunning!
You start fresh or back-up from icloud?
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:31 PM   #72
AppleChampagne
macrumors member

Quote:
Hi all, just got back from the Apple store. Sending the replacement back and waiting for refund. Went into the store and picked up another ipad, got a 64GB for 608 which was good, also a smart case for 26 in the Holiday sale. Got home, ipad is in better condition but noticed a deep scratch next to the on/off switch, what a pain!! Going to keep this one and hope everything else Is ok on it. Still not 100% satisfied but I can't be back and forth getting replacements like this. I will reconsider apple purchases in the future though
Just enjoy your product Jeez;/

Reconsider all you want do you think apple give a rats?

That scratch is hardly noticeable at all, lollol, put your magnifying glass away!

AppleChampagne is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:55 PM   #73
KiranB
macrumors member

Quote:
That's just not cool I feel your pain..I think it's because we pay so much for these products 500 plus you expect nothing but perfection .. I say if you do decide to get it replaced is ask them to look inside the box first if they let you!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:36 AM   #74
LixLev
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game 161 View Post
You start fresh or back-up from icloud?
Backed up from an iTunes backup

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad