Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
Lte, 16gb. I stream everything already around my house so 16gb is plenty for me :)

awesome! .. i will do alot of streaming on puffin browser for all my tv shows that are flash! .. but i will probably be putting movies and tv shows on this as i have decided to give my macbook to my mom, and my job means alot of travel!.. i guess we all have to treat ourselves! lol .. my iphone is 16gb and has hardly anything on it and somehow i only have 2gb left :confused: so i thought 32 just to be safe!

mbatty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
Where do you live? Anyone in central London got there's yet...? Nothing in Liverpool St yet.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Deepest darkest Wales, close to swansea. The driver rang me at 8am to tell me what time he was coming as he was a bit delayed.

Borjan

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2004
After using the wifi version for a while, I'm seriously tempted on upgrading to the LTE version. I dont even need a connection THAT often when I'm out and about, but it still would be nice.

For now, I'm going to see if connecting to The Cloud wifi hotspots thanks to the sky subcription is enough. If not, I might first try a Mifi. That way my laptop will also get internet.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
I'm around 7 miles from Swansea, still waiting for my iPad 4 64gb white via UPS. The shipping said by end of the day.

When I ordered the iPhone 5 it said delivered by end of the day via UPS, and that came by around 3pm, so hopefully it won't be to long :)

LixLev

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. Was using my iPad 2, and there was a knock at the door and a DHL van outside so I knew what it was. I felt bad as the moment that door knock happened I literally ditched my iPad 2. Everything is set up on the new retina iPad now, and I've got to say, I love it! The speed is such a difference compared to the iPad 2, and the retina display is stunning!

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
I'm around 7 miles from Swansea, still waiting for my iPad 4 64gb white via UPS. The shipping said by end of the day.

When I ordered the iPhone 5 it said delivered by end of the day via UPS, and that came by around 3pm, so hopefully it won't be to long :)

I'm around 10miles from Swansea.. Arrived yet?

I'm loving my 4, full 3g signal everywhere (my 4s is on tesco which doesn't get 3G in the valleys)

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK

I'm loving my 4, full 3g signal everywhere (my 4s is on tesco which doesn't get 3G in the valleys)

Haven't put my sim in it yet? ... But loving the product red smart case wasn't sure how the engraving would look but it's all good .. I guess we are the first people to get our iPads then!!:D

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK

Arrive at 3:03pm :)

iPad is flawless, screen is perfect, no dents, dust, scratches, dead pixels and the screen tint is even.

Very happy with it.

Steveh2780

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Uk
Received my ipad yesterday afternoon which I was over the moon about- until I opened the box and inspected the ipad.
Found 4-5 dents at the point where the screen meets the bezel and large scuff across the cellular black band. It's going back

Not to mention that today it is in the holiday sale with £51 off. I'm not impressed Apple, first my iphone 5 with scuff gate and now this. Going to return and get a replacement with the £51 off at least

----------

There is a pic of the scuff on the cellular band. Hard to see in the photo but there's also a large scuff/scratch in the aluminium back next to the camera. Not good enough brand new out of box. Hope the rest of you have better luck with your new toy

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK
Received my ipad yesterday afternoon which I was over the moon about- until I opened the box and inspected the ipad.
Found 4-5 dents at the point where the screen meets the bezel and large scuff across the cellular black band. It's going back

Not to mention that today it is in the holiday sale with £51 off. I'm not impressed Apple, first my iphone 5 with scuff gate and now this. Going to return and get a replacement with the £51 off at least

----------

There is a pic of the scuff on the cellular band. Hard to see in the photo but there's also a large scuff/scratch in the aluminium back next to the camera. Not good enough brand new out of box. Hope the rest of you have better luck with your new toy

I also got mine yesterday and realised the smart case looked rather used all black marks along the lining ... And then I realised is could have saved £56 so I, going to bullring now as they said the stores have them in..time to queue up I guess :( .. As. Don't want to wait another few weeks for the engraving I had on the smart case especially if that's the reason the inside of it looks 2 months old own the first day

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Just pick up my ipad 4 Gen 32GB LTE from the apple store for £538. All perfect after been through 9 iPhone 5 since launch day.

Davirdv

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012

----------

well that sucks, hope you get it sorted! mine came perfect, not a mark on it (im massively ocd with things like that) screen is perfect no dead pixels, uniform tint, no bleeding that ive seen.. also got the screen protector on perfect first time. i think i will let apple off the 1 day sale price as im too busy playing with it :)

Steveh2780

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012
Uk
Hi all, just got back from the Apple store. Sending the replacement back and waiting for refund. Went into the store and picked up another ipad, got a 64GB for £608 which was good, also a smart case for £26 in the Holiday sale. Got home, ipad is in better condition but noticed a deep scratch next to the on/off switch, what a pain!! Going to keep this one and hope everything else Is ok on it. Still not 100% satisfied but I can't be back and forth getting replacements like this. I will reconsider apple purchases in the future though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Mine arrived a couple of hours ago. Was using my iPad 2, and there was a knock at the door and a DHL van outside so I knew what it was. I felt bad as the moment that door knock happened I literally ditched my iPad 2. Everything is set up on the new retina iPad now, and I've got to say, I love it! The speed is such a difference compared to the iPad 2, and the retina display is stunning!

You start fresh or back-up from icloud?

AppleChampagne

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2012
Hi all, just got back from the Apple store. Sending the replacement back and waiting for refund. Went into the store and picked up another ipad, got a 64GB for £608 which was good, also a smart case for £26 in the Holiday sale. Got home, ipad is in better condition but noticed a deep scratch next to the on/off switch, what a pain!! Going to keep this one and hope everything else Is ok on it. Still not 100% satisfied but I can't be back and forth getting replacements like this. I will reconsider apple purchases in the future though

Just enjoy your product Jeez;/

Reconsider all you want do you think apple give a rats?

That scratch is hardly noticeable at all, lollol, put your magnifying glass away!

;)

KiranB

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Birmingham UK

That's just not cool I feel your pain..I think it's because we pay so much for these products £500 plus you expect nothing but perfection .. I say if you do decide to get it replaced is ask them to look inside the box first if they let you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.