Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:19 PM   #1
marcelo4527
macrumors member

Smile Unactivated Verizon iPhone 5 (unlocked)?

I bought an unactivated verizon iphone 5 at best buy, but I'm not currently in the US so I asked my girlfriend to pick it up at the store..

I got it because I want to use with other carriers
I've seen people telling me that I have to activate it with verizon first so then I woujld be able to use it with other sim cards, and some people said that I don't have to activate with verizon, I can just put any sim card and it will be already unlocked and good to go.. I called verizon a few times and the same thing happen where some would tell me the first case, and others would tell me the second case..

Dis anyone got an unactivated iPhone 5 from verizon and never got it activated with verizon and it worked? Did anyone got it from best buy? Thanks!
marcelo4527 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:38 PM   #2
serkan
macrumors regular

All the Verizon phones are unlocked just get yourself a Nano-Sim and you are good to go.You dont need any activation or verizon confirmation.Nothing Just put in your sim and use.
serkan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
marcelo4527
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serkan View Post
All the Verizon phones are unlocked just get yourself a Nano-Sim and you are good to go.You dont need any activation or verizon confirmation.Nothing Just put in your sim and use.
That's great!! I'll test mine with a different carrier sim as soon as I put my hands on it
marcelo4527 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:36 PM   #4
serkan
macrumors regular

Go ahaed .I use Verizon , my friend bought it from US and now I am in Turkey with Turkcell and works properly and never had problems.
serkan is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:03 AM   #5
VinegarTasters
macrumors regular

Does the iPhone 5 Verizon model work with other CDMA carriers in other countries? Anybody try that? Like Japan or China.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:53 AM   #6
htpw16
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo4527 View Post
I bought an unactivated verizon iphone 5 at best buy, but I'm not currently in the US so I asked my girlfriend to pick it up at the store..

I got it because I want to use with other carriers
I've seen people telling me that I have to activate it with verizon first so then I woujld be able to use it with other sim cards, and some people said that I don't have to activate with verizon, I can just put any sim card and it will be already unlocked and good to go.. I called verizon a few times and the same thing happen where some would tell me the first case, and others would tell me the second case..

Dis anyone got an unactivated iPhone 5 from verizon and never got it activated with verizon and it worked? Did anyone got it from best buy? Thanks!
Can the phone be picked up from the BestBuy store without a Verizon account?
htpw16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:56 AM   #7
R4VR
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpw16 View Post
Yes
R4VR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:26 AM   #8
marcelo4527
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpw16 View Post
Yes, just get the full price, unactivated one
marcelo4527 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinegarTasters View Post
Does the iPhone 5 Verizon model work with other CDMA carriers in other countries? Anybody try that? Like Japan or China.
Only the GSM slot is unlocked.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:03 AM   #10
carrera4s
macrumors newbie

Marcelo4527 and Serkan, did you test your phones? do they work on 4G networks?
carrera4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone