Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:46 AM   #1
jamin00
macrumors regular

VMware Fusion strange issue

When I close this down, if I have a DVD in he drive it automatically starts.

Why is this??
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:01 AM   #2
grim42
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin00 View Post
When I close this down, if I have a DVD in he drive it automatically starts.

Why is this??
Most likely the DVD drive is under control of the VM when it's running (Devices menu, DVD/CD Drive). Once the VM shuts down, the DVD drive is given back to Finder which remounts it as if the DVD was inserted.

Try un-checking the DVD drive in the VMWare Fusion devices menu.
grim42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:06 AM   #3
jamin00
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim42 View Post
Most likely the DVD drive is under control of the VM when it's running (Devices menu, DVD/CD Drive). Once the VM shuts down, the DVD drive is given back to Finder which remounts it as if the DVD was inserted.

Try un-checking the DVD drive in the VMWare Fusion devices menu.
Spot on, cheers
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:39 AM   #4
RiderXTC
macrumors member

While We Are On The Subject...

I also have a strange VMWare issue. I thought this would fit perfectly in this thread. Please forgive me if I have mistaken.

When i am using any on my VMs, Windows 7 or Windows 8, on my MBPro, it seems there are several times every hour that I lose mouse and keyboard control. In order to regain control, I have to use ALT-TAB and switch through the applications and select VMWare Fusion again. The active application, meaning VMWare Fusion, never changes but I still have to ALT-TAB to select it, then it works fine for awhile. Rinse and repeat...

I searched for a resolution to this issue but did not find anything specifically related to this issue. Any thoughts?
RiderXTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:48 PM   #5
luxus13
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderXTC View Post
I also have a strange VMWare issue. I thought this would fit perfectly in this thread. Please forgive me if I have mistaken.

When i am using any on my VMs, Windows 7 or Windows 8, on my MBPro, it seems there are several times every hour that I lose mouse and keyboard control. In order to regain control, I have to use ALT-TAB and switch through the applications and select VMWare Fusion again. The active application, meaning VMWare Fusion, never changes but I still have to ALT-TAB to select it, then it works fine for awhile. Rinse and repeat...

I searched for a resolution to this issue but did not find anything specifically related to this issue. Any thoughts?
Hello
i have the same issue, sorry but i have no answer.
luxus13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store