Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I AM THE MAN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hey everyone! Just wanted to know if anyone actually bought any bodies, lens, flashes, etc during the Black Friday sales? I'm anxious to hear back!

I personally just picked up a refurbished Mark D2 for a really great price!

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Canon.com had their own Black Friday sale. I ordered a refurbished Canon t2i for the same price as a 50mm f1.4 lens.

I AM THE MAN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Canon.com had their own Black Friday sale. I ordered a refurbished Canon t2i for the same price as a 50mm f1.4 lens.

Haha yep! I bought my Mark D2 for about $1300! I am soo anxious for it to arrive. I keep checking the order status every hour!

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
I got my lovely lady a new Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot just before black friday, but I guess it counts as it was deeply discounted. My first camera purchase from the Olympus brand, and after my brief encounter with it before it got wrapped, I must say that I'm impressed so far.

For those still hunting, the S100 is on-sale at Amazon for $249 till midnight, I think.

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Lol, after I ordered, I noticed the prices went back up and it was listed out of stock. I kept checking, just in case Canon cancels my order.

Haha yep! I bought my Mark D2 for about $1300! I am soo anxious for it to arrive. I keep checking the order status every hour!

I AM THE MAN

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Not really on sale, but we bought a Lensbaby Pro, and a Canon 50mm 1.8mm prime for my step daughter to use on her 5DmkII.

Oh wow thats great! I love my 50mm 1.8 its a great glass for a great price.

I got my lovely lady a new Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot just before black friday, but I guess it counts as it was deeply discounted. My first camera purchase from the Olympus brand, and after my brief encounter with it before it got wrapped, I must say that I'm impressed so far.

For those still hunting, the S100 is on-sale at Amazon for $249 till midnight, I think.

Haha you really did save quite a bit on it!

Lol, after I ordered, I noticed the prices went back up and it was listed out of stock. I kept checking, just in case Canon cancels my order.

Thats exactly what happened with me. When I checked back it was listed as out of stock and then eventually after a little bit of time, refreshing the page a few times it was available again so I made the purchase before they sold out again! :)

I picked up an Eye-Fi Pro card to try out. Was only $49.99 shipped on amazon for a cyber monday deal.

Right now I have a gift card for the Apple Store and since I don't have anything else in mind, I am thinking of purchasing a 4GB Eye-Fi Pro Card. How do you like yours?

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Right now I have a gift card for the Apple Store and since I don't have anything else in mind, I am thinking of purchasing a 4GB Eye-Fi Pro Card. How do you like yours?

Not so much... I bought it for my Canon bodies, but the card isnt compatible with Magic Lantern software. (suppose I should have researched, but it was a timed deal, and I have had no issues w/ML before) I have yet to try it with my Olympus Micro4/3, but hopefully I wont have any surprises there.

ctyhntr

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
Is it this problem you're encountering with Magic Lantern and the eye fi card?

How to disbbootdisk flag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1XusYTB68Q

Not so much... I bought it for my Canon bodies, but the card isnt compatible with Magic Lantern software. (suppose I should have researched, but it was a timed deal, and I have had no issues w/ML before) I have yet to try it with my Olympus Micro4/3, but hopefully I wont have any surprises there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.