Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Michael.ross217
macrumors newbie

My iTunes account was hacked and now I suppose I lost it for good

My I tunes account was hacked and I caught it with one purchase for $5.35. I immediately went on my account, disallowed my debit card and changed my password. Then, regrettably, I notified iTunes hoping for a credit for the $5.34. Little did I know this would lose me my whole account and the hundreds of dollars I've spent on apps and music in the last 2 years. At least the music I can back up. The person who got into my account changed my security questions although they didn't touch my password which leads me to believe it was a kid. Since I can't answer my security questions, I cannot reactivate my account. Any ideas on a way around this? Right now my Apple Loyalty is really starting to wain.
Michael.ross217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Not sure why you would lose loyalty to Apple. They did nothing to you. Why not trying to call them directly and see if they can do something for you. Never know but sure worth the try.
firedept is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Michael.ross217
macrumors newbie

I have done that repeatedly. That's how I know I'm not getting the account back. I suppose I would have preferred a choice or at least a heads up before they locked out my account.
Michael.ross217 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:08 AM   #4
bluespaceoddity
macrumors regular

Have you gone to a store - if within reasonable distance- with ID and computer (Hope you have a laptop) showing e-mail notifications of the account itself and iTunes receipts dating back to the time when the ID was created?
After a recent well published hacking incident Apple isn't as likely to change account info by phone anymore. Especially not if you don't have the security questions.
It certainly isn't an ideal situation. There are mile long threads all over Apple forums with people trying to get this sorted. Fortunately you were at least able to block further payments.
It doesn't help to say it but only Apple can help you with this. No one here has the ability to re-enable your account.
bluespaceoddity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:31 AM   #5
Mr_Brightside_@
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespaceoddity View Post
It doesn't help to say it but only Apple can help you with this. No one here has the ability to re-enable your account.
The stores can't do it either. It has to be done through iTunes support.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help