Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Guys, HONESTLY, why would I be lying about that?

It happend while it was a very cloudy weather and clouds were really moving. How ever, not all weather have animations, maybe it's a new version of the widget that Apple is currently developing and they released a part of it on the beta 2.

I didn't had a chance to get my iPad to record it but next time, I'll try to record it and post it here.

It's not new as i've had it on my 4S and also on my 5 yesterday. I think the animation portrays mist or fog.

It's the ONLY animated item i've seen in Weather.

Will try and get multiple screenshots of it next time it happens which might be soon as the weather in London right now is pretty ****.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Can anyone check if new?

Yes this is new. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353927443.630856.jpg

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
nope, not true. It doesn't use GPS, it uses Wifi + cellular data location.

Ok then it uses WiFi + Cellular Data, either way, it's using your battery more.

In reality: It it does use location services, Starbucks uses GPS. If you have a Starbucks Passbook card, any time you pass a Starbucks your iPhone will alert you. GPS location services pinpoint your location to alert you when you are near a Starbucks location.

Yes, WiFi and Cellular for triangulating is/was used at first, but not as much as GPS. They tried WiFi + Cellular, but due to lacking accuracy as it depends on two factors being constant, GPS is being pushed. This is one of the reasons Apple revamped their Maps app, integration with Passbook location services. Apple has better control with their own Map.app.

Last edited:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
It's not new.

It does this on 6.01 lol

Push home to bring up the lock screen, then double tap home again. Brings the volume up.

He's referring to the post that he quoted. In that post, the user posted a screenshot of the new lock-screen music controls. The user you quoted was posting a picture of the old lock-screen music controls to show the person HE quoted that yes, the new look was indeed new. :)

hellsat

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2010
Group messages

I see that answers to a group message now are appearing in the group message thread, and no longer as a message under the answering persons name. I like.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
He's referring to the post that he quoted. In that post, the user posted a screenshot of the new lock-screen music controls. The user you quoted was posting a picture of the old lock-screen music controls to show the person HE quoted that yes, the new look was indeed new. :)

Oh right! lol tee hee!:D

nomik2

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2010
Can anyone show how the lock screen controls look if the podcasts app is running? Preferably one that has album art, even better if its TWiT!

Attached current controls.

Attachments

• IMG_1764.PNG
    IMG_1764.PNG
    705.9 KB · Views: 157

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
I love how everyone is going ga ga over new lock screen controls which was obviously and "oops" mistake after changing the music app in iOS 6. Seriously this has been the clumsiest iOS release to date.

Can anyone confirm if some real problems have been fixed with music like home sharing actually working consistently? Or how about that nice static Bluetooth music streaming from the music app......?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.