Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Here is What you could do. If there is anything wrong with the phone at all like camera blurry or bad battery life or like a bad pixel (you can check by saving a black picture on your phone turing the brightness up all the way and go to that black picture) you can trade it in and they will give you another iPhone 5 from white box and it will have a clean esn.

And Apple isn't going to noticed that it is not activated?
There is no way that this would ever work.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Here is What you could do. If there is anything wrong with the phone at all like camera blurry or bad battery life or like a bad pixel (you can check by saving a black picture on your phone turing the brightness up all the way and go to that black picture) you can trade it in and they will give you another iPhone 5 from white box and it will have a clean esn.

Well, this is near the top as one of the dumbest suggestions ever made on this forum.

hockeyman94

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
California
Well, this is near the top as one of the dumbest suggestions ever made on this forum.

Oh Yeah? You have a better Suggestion? you can take the screen off unplug the connectors and put it back together and say the screen went black and cant get it to turn on worked for me... Just when you go to apple make sure there isn't a sim in the sim tray

And Apple isn't going to noticed that it is not activated?
There is no way that this would ever work.

He never said that it wasn't activated so it probably already is activated.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota

Oh Yeah? You have a better Suggestion? you can take the screen off unplug the connectors and put it back together and say the screen went black and cant get it to turn on worked for me... Just when you go to apple make sure there isn't a sim in the sim tray

What's wrong with you in suggesting to commit fraud and think nothing of it?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
He never said that it wasn't activated so it probably already is activated.

Obviously it's not activated... Otherwise the OP would have no idea if it was stolen. It must have a bad esn, which therefore cannot be activated.

Kind of implied by the OP.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011

You're an idiot for suggesting fraud. Lie to Apple to get a replacement. You accidently buy stolen. But make Apple pay for mistake. Yep, near the top as one of the dumbest suggestions.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010

It never ceases to amaze me the despicable lack of character in some posters.

Seriously, if you put as much effort into clever ways to earn a living as you do into looking for ways to screw "the man," you'd be rich beyond your wildest dreams.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Sprint won't re-activate a phone if it's reported stolen by the original owner.

I understand what a stolen phone is but the OP didn't say why he knows it was stolen.
my ****ed up 11 air for 300$cash plus iphone

Oh now you say it was trashed? Come on, really. How do you know the phone was stolen? I don't think this story is exactly accurate for some reason.

Cuechick

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
So Cal
Craigslist is shady.. I only sell... Never buy....

Depends on what you buy... for furniture it is great. Bought several great mid-century pieces off CL when I moved into my new place. Got great deals... but yeah for electronics & cameras, I will stick with eBay.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
but yeah for electronics & cameras, I will stick with eBay.

Just curious, what's wrong with buying a camera that you get to test and see with your own hands and eyes before forking over cash? Just trying to see the logic with preferring eBay over CL.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Just curious, what's wrong with buying a camera that you get to test and see with your own hands and eyes before forking over cash? Just trying to see the logic with preferring eBay over CL.

I'd say they are both inferior to buying brand new from a store. Yeah you save a lot of money but used electronics are a crapshoot.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I once got screwed buying a cellphone on ebay. Ebay raided the seller's account and we all got a small % of it. Learned then (back in the early 2000s) that it's extremely risky to buy anything over $100 on sites like ebay.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2010
You're an idiot for suggesting fraud. Lie to Apple to get a replacement. You accidently buy stolen. But make Apple pay for mistake. Yep, near the top as one of the dumbest suggestions.

It's better to make someone else pay than yourself that way you could use the money for something else...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.