Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bludragon06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Pittsburg California
I have been MAC all the way! The only thing I hate about MAC is the way photos are stored! I like the idea behind the windows where I can just dump certain photos into a certain folder and then I can see a preview of what's in the folder! Ever since I switched to Mac it seems its been a real hassle with only my photos! Any help would be great! If this has been posted previously please forgive me!

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Unless I'm missing something obvious, why wouldn't you just use the Finder?

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I have been MAC all the way! The only thing I hate about MAC is the way photos are stored! I like the idea behind the windows where I can just dump certain photos into a certain folder and then I can see a preview of what's in the folder! Ever since I switched to Mac it seems its been a real hassle with only my photos! Any help would be great! If this has been posted previously please forgive me!

Of course, you always have that option by using finder. However... using a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) is infinitely better than using a file system.

iPhoto is a fairly wimpy DAM... but it is not too bad given that it is included free with the OS. Moving up to Lightroom or Aperture is a major step forward if you want to investigate using a DAM more effectively.

Using a file system is a way to "store" photos. Using a DAM is a way to "use" photos. The difference between the two is stunning.

/Jim

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Comes to my mind.....

a piece of software called iView Media or iView Media Pro. Very Windows-like and if my memory works, very capable for your needs, IMHO

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.