Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Stefannoz
macrumors newbie

Frustration with iPod Touch and 5 computer limits

Recently purchase a new 64GB itouch,thinking would be breeze to install music, and synch with my computers.
So far have had to reinstall OS6, spent about 6 hours talking to the mac support people trying to de authorise computers, told have to wait 6 months to rectify problem XX!!!@@### because I authorized computers.
What is the matter with the people, I have about 6+ devises and want to access my music.
Mac rules are out of keeping with peoples use of computers, and lifestyle loss of computers. Then after all this told I could send an email to explain the failing of their system so help apple rectify their problem.

I want a refund.
This product is more problem than it worth.
2/10 for user friendliness.
Stefannoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Plutonius
macrumors 601

All IOS devices (Touch, iPhone, iPad) have always had a 5 computer limit. You should be able to get a refund if you are within the return window.
Plutonius is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Androidfan1x
macrumors regular

Just contact iTunes support and they manually deauthorize all of your computers
Androidfan1x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:10 PM   #4
jedisaga
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
All IOS devices (Touch, iPhone, iPad) have always had a 5 computer limit. You should be able to get a refund if you are within the return window.
I agree with Plutonius. It isn't a ipt5 issue, but moreso what Apple allows with their iTunes. I believe the new Samsung Galaxy Tab is pretty user friendly if you're looking for a comparable device.

J
jedisaga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:28 PM   #5
burgundyyears
macrumors 6502

You can authorize up to 5 computers for use with a single iTunes account. You can de-authorize each computer individually from within iTunes, or de-authorize them all once a year from your iTunes account. I'm not aware of any limit as to how many devices you can register with a given iTunes account.
burgundyyears is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:35 PM   #6
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefannoz View Post
Recently purchase a new 64GB itouch,thinking would be breeze to install music, and synch with my computers.
So far have had to reinstall OS6, spent about 6 hours talking to the mac support people trying to de authorise computers, told have to wait 6 months to rectify problem XX!!!@@### because I authorized computers.
What is the matter with the people, I have about 6+ devises and want to access my music.
Mac rules are out of keeping with peoples use of computers, and lifestyle loss of computers. Then after all this told I could send an email to explain the failing of their system so help apple rectify their problem.

I want a refund.
This product is more problem than it worth.
2/10 for user friendliness.
Maybe you should try and explain the problem in more detail, because what you are describing shouldn't be as difficult as you are making it out to be.

The 5 computer limit only applies to PCs or Macs. Not iOS devices. You can sync unlimited devices to an iTunes library.
BaldiMac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:44 PM   #7
apolkowski
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldiMac View Post
Maybe you should try and explain the problem in more detail, because what you are describing shouldn't be as difficult as you are making it out to be.

The 5 computer limit only applies to PCs or Macs. Not iOS devices. You can sync unlimited devices to an iTunes library.
This is not true if you want to keep automatic sync of purchases. I believe it is up to 10 devices.
apolkowski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:59 PM   #8
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolkowski View Post
This is not true if you want to keep automatic sync of purchases. I believe it is up to 10 devices.
I think that only applies to iTunes Match.
BaldiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:09 PM   #9
apolkowski
macrumors member

Quote:
I think that only applies to iTunes Match.
Not really iTunes Match, but rather an iTunes in the Cloud limit (including apps etc.)
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:12 PM   #10
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolkowski View Post
Not really iTunes Match, but rather an iTunes in the Cloud limit (including apps etc.)
Okay. Regardless, I was commenting on direct syncing with an iTunes library (Wired sync or iTunes Wifi Sync).
BaldiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:17 PM   #11
apolkowski
macrumors member

Quote:
Okay. Regardless, I was commenting on direct syncing with an iTunes library (Wired sync or iTunes Wifi Sync).
You are right. Sorry, I went too far from the main topic.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:19 PM   #12
thedeejay
macrumors 6502a

As someone stated earlier, there is a limit of 5 devices, but that can be reset from iTunes. Use google, it's your friend. If you're still not happy then return it. Simple
thedeejay is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch