Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

App1413

macrumors newbie
Sure. Then let's drop the "S" then, shall we? When was that last time you said "iTunes into TV" or "iTunes into a book" ;)

The "s" can imply plurality, and/or verbal usage in this sense. If the word "iTunes" is changed to "iTune", it would be rather more strict in usage. i.e.: "I tune into this, that, etc..." but the "etc..." doesn't imply plural usage. Rather, by making it appear singular, one puts limits of a kind into the name and idea of the whole "iTunes" offerings. Thus, the "s" is used at the end, and makes more marketing sense. By the way, I'm a linguist. They do hire such in marketing, and not only for "translations", btw. Doesn't matter, but just incase you desire to make your view the only one. Suffice it to say, "Coolfactor" has a major point. :apple:.

App1413

macrumors newbie
They have been working more closely since Apple did what Zuck wanted. Zuckerberg is the new Jobs. Rude, crude, assertive, and a singular focus on the distant future. Few do.

I bet more Apple gift cards are redeemed than any other gift card on the planet.

Rocketman

I'd have to disagree to an extent about the "rude, crude, and singular focus on the distance future" part. It's more bluntly called being firm, pragmatic, punctual, and realistic. I do agree, though, few are as such. Such a shame in my view in this regards.

----------

I'm confused the article claims this will give more exposure for iTunes Store and gift cards? Does anything by Apple (or Facebook for that matter) really need MORE exposure?
You can already buy iTunes cards at pretty much every retail store in the country from gas stations to best buy, Target and Sears and everywhere else except for maybe the Microsoft and Sony retail stores. And if you are too lazy to walk to a retail store, you can order them digitally on 1000's of websites. Availability and exposure is NOT a problem for Apple iTunes cards or Facebook .

Just admit what this is REALLY about, it is yet another attempt by Facebook to gain access to your web viewing history and trends, and then track and control and data mine your information so Facebook can make as much money as possiable on YOUR back, (and of course give you NOTHING in return for the free data they collect)

As more and more people shop online and move away from going to supermarkets, stores, malls, etc... to make purchases directly, it is a good marketing move on the part of Apple. Not to mention, Apple is hardly the least in terms of making the move. Many companies are making the move. It's good for the environment (less plastic, waste, gas usage, etc), and targets where consumers are often at, via online or the lack thereof.

As for tracking, ad companies have been doing that since they began. Why do you see ads on the sites you log on, even if it is an unrelated ad? It tracks your usage, and that's how ad companies know how to, depending on one's perspective, generate not only revenue when you visit the site, but also, make the product and/or services more appealing and hopefully more useful and integrated into your life, as well, without one having to spend all the time of one's own time and energy to do such.

I'm also against constant tracking, but there are options in your browser, such as (Private Browsing) that enable such, to an extent, if you do feel you dislike such adverts and the likes. Try it out.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
The "s" can imply plurality, and/or verbal usage in this sense. If the word "iTunes" is changed to "iTune", it would be rather more strict in usage. i.e.: "I tune into this, that, etc..." but the "etc..." doesn't imply plural usage. Rather, by making it appear singular, one puts limits of a kind into the name and idea of the whole "iTunes" offerings. Thus, the "s" is used at the end, and makes more marketing sense. By the way, I'm a linguist. They do hire such in marketing, and not only for "translations", btw. Doesn't matter, but just incase you desire to make your view the only one. Suffice it to say, "Coolfactor" has a major point. :apple:.

I was actually speaking tongue in cheek :)

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Easier Availability = More Profits.

Its too bad that Facebook will be getting a cut, likely something off of the top line.

But I think that scads more iTunes digital Gift Cards will be sold via Facebook. In the end, I think that this will be a very profitable venture for Apple.

bassfingers

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
I can't remember the last time I used Facebook for anything. It's getting more bloated than iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.