Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:45 PM   #1201
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
Love it mines is the same combo but blue.
I wish the screws were black instead of silver
I was about to say the same thing about the screws, I'm thinking about painting them with some metal spray paint
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:05 PM   #1202
tburk32
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Still waiting for my first edition sector 5 to ship but I just thought of something. Has anyone had any issues with the anodizing scratching off? I know it is a case and it is meant to be used but I'm trying to decide if I'll use the suede back plate or not. I want to avoid using the back plate if I can but I also don't want the sector 5 to be completely scratched on the back lip from sitting on my desk which has scratched previous phones from sliding it around. Anyone experience this? If I have to use the suede back plate to keep the sector 5 from looking like garbage from scratches I will use it but otherwise it will stay in the box.
tburk32 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:01 PM   #1203
Gonz19
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburk32 View Post
Still waiting for my first edition sector 5 to ship but I just thought of something. Has anyone had any issues with the anodizing scratching off? I know it is a case and it is meant to be used but I'm trying to decide if I'll use the suede back plate or not. I want to avoid using the back plate if I can but I also don't want the sector 5 to be completely scratched on the back lip from sitting on my desk which has scratched previous phones from sliding it around. Anyone experience this? If I have to use the suede back plate to keep the sector 5 from looking like garbage from scratches I will use it but otherwise it will stay in the box.
So far no scratches. Not using the back plate but I am using some ********** skins on the back and there have are no scratches on the case so far.
Gonz19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:20 PM   #1204
fskywalker
macrumors 65816
 
fskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
I don't think using the back plate provided with the Sector 5 will necessarily prevent the aluminum frame of the bumper case from getting scratched, unless it raises the phone and only the back plate touches the surface, which don't think is the case.
__________________
'13 Haswell rMBP 13" 2.8/16/1TB (A18 Display)
'12 13" MBA 1.7/4/256 (Wife), '12 rMBP 13" 2.5/8/256, A13 Display (Daughter)
'12 I5/64/7.0.4 JB, Ipad 4 32GB LTE, '12 Mac Mini 2.5/500 & 120GB SSD
fskywalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1205
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
What happened to that kaikai kid and shredder who were pushing fakes so hard, probably because they sell them, the fakes have painted on finishes and are horribly made terrible product
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:43 PM   #1206
bloodninj4
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
What happened to that kaikai kid and shredder who were pushing fakes so hard, probably because they sell them, the fakes have painted on finishes and are horribly made terrible product
please enough with that

-
anyone have a nov 29 ship date get beyond "processing" as their status?
bloodninj4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:06 PM   #1207
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
anyone have a nov 29 ship date get beyond "processing" as their status?
I have a start shipping Nov. 26. Mines got a tracking number yesterday. but Either fedex did not scan it or pick it up.

but its supposed to come in today(estimated) if not I want some money back when I paid 20$ for shipping.
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:21 PM   #1208
bloodninj4
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
I have a start shipping Nov. 26. Mines got a tracking number yesterday. but Either fedex did not scan it or pick it up.

but its supposed to come in today(estimated) if not I want some money back when I paid 20$ for shipping.
if fedex already generated an estimated day as to when you would get it its hard to say why it would be delayed

unless fedex is backed up

I may be wrong but I don't believe fedex generates an estimated date until they have the package picked up and in transit.
bloodninj4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1209
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Also on Black screws like the FE. I sent them a support email. They would not be selling it til later..(boo) I might just go to my small electronics drawer and finding the same screw. I might have this size!.
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1210
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Update: they just picked up the package today!!! and they will get it to me by tomorrow at 5pm. damn it. totally wanted to see it today. hopefully the GLAStR comes in today or also tomorrow!!
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:39 AM   #1211
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
Also on Black screws like the FE. I sent them a support email. They would not be selling it til later..(boo) I might just go to my small electronics drawer and finding the same screw. I might have this size!.
Looks like the black ops one has black screws, dumb....probably would have bought that case if I knew about it before
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:41 AM   #1212
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Oh well I'll just wait or find the screws
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:01 AM   #1213
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
Oh well I'll just wait or find the screws
At first I didn't think it was worth it but for type 3 anodizing, all the pieces, the black screws "probably could get some of those for a few cents in reality" seems like it might have been worth it
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:22 AM   #1214
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2009
What is on the inside to protect the phone's bezel? Are there rubber "bumpers" between the phone and the case?

Can someone post pics of the interior of the sector 5?
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:24 AM   #1215
Hadi1985
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
Oh well I'll just wait or find the screws
Anyone tried to ask Element for the size of screw? I'm sure we can find the black screws somewhere very cheap
Hadi1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1216
grnamin
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
What is on the inside to protect the phone's bezel? Are there rubber "bumpers" between the phone and the case?

Can someone post pics of the interior of the sector 5?
Here you go:
grnamin is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:19 AM   #1217
Dexy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
Here you go:
Image
This is FE or silver?
Dexy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:56 AM   #1218
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
This is FE or silver?
Looks to be silver.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1219
Partridge
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Looks to be silver.
Looks like first edition. Spacers are black, not clear.

So far:

FE: Grey with black spacers and black screws
SE: Grey or silver with clear spacers or black with black spacers, all with plain screws
BO: Black with amber spacers and black screws
Partridge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1220
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partridge View Post
Looks like first edition. Spacers are black, not clear.

So far:

FE: Grey with black spacers and black screws
SE: Grey or silver with clear spacers or black with black spacers, all with plain screws
BO: Black with amber spacers and black screws
Ah yes, you're correct.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1221
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I don't understand why they wouldn't use black screws on the black case, they have them readily available.
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:11 PM   #1222
trdspectacoma
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervinsuburban View Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't use black screws on the black case, they have them readily available.
to be honest I don't know why either, it is like having a nice clean polished black car and having white specks of polish that you can't take off.

I also sent an email to them about size. but they probably would not want to tell me. they would not give me a answer on why they used silver.
trdspectacoma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:27 PM   #1223
Partridge
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdspectacoma View Post
to be honest I don't know why either, it is like having a nice clean polished black car and having white specks of polish that you can't take off.

I also sent an email to them about size. but they probably would not want to tell me. they would not give me a answer on why they used silver.
I can guess. First of all, some people like contrast for the industrial look. Much more likely, however, is that this leaves it open for them do an "Ultra stealth black elite" version later.
Partridge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1224
fskywalker
macrumors 65816
 
fskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Agree, more special editions and accesories sales!!!
__________________
'13 Haswell rMBP 13" 2.8/16/1TB (A18 Display)
'12 13" MBA 1.7/4/256 (Wife), '12 rMBP 13" 2.5/8/256, A13 Display (Daughter)
'12 I5/64/7.0.4 JB, Ipad 4 32GB LTE, '12 Mac Mini 2.5/500 & 120GB SSD
fskywalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1225
Sora
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME color and finish....

This is posted by Element on their official facebook page : "he color of the anodizing on a Sector 5 FE and Sector 5 SE in Gun Metal are the same. The difference is that the corner links are black on the FE and there is no FE logo on the inside of the SE"
I can confirm that this is indeed true. I contacted them today via phone to check on my order and clarify the difference between the FE and SE.

My order has now shipped (11/29), ordered on 11/7. I have fedex information, but it still is stuck on "initiated".
__________________
MacBook Pro | Matte 17" | 3.06 C2D | 256GB SSD | 4GB RAM | Mountain Lion
Mac mini | 2.26GHz C2D | 160GB HDD | 4GB RAM
Sora is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So.. When does the Element Case Sector 5 Tactical come out? Partridge iPhone Accessories 2 Mar 23, 2013 12:38 AM
Element Sector 4 Case (Any one have one?) ET iPhone Home iPhone Accessories 7 Oct 4, 2012 04:46 PM
Element Case Sector Casing for iPhone 5 FatChick iPhone Accessories 17 Sep 14, 2012 04:39 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC