Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
That is really crazy! $200 ??? I saw it and know some people will jump in that wagon, don't think will join them... :)

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Wow, that is one fugly case! Not only would I never pay that much for a case, I wouldn't desecrate my phone like that! I thought $50 for an Otterbox was too expensive.......

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
Wow, that is one fugly case! Not only would I never pay that much for a case, I wouldn't desecrate my phone like that! I thought $50 for an Otterbox was too expensive.......

Are you talking about the Black Ops one right now? Cause I agree with you there.

The rest, no way.

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
Pretty much all of them, they look so clunky to me plus I don't want to have to be an engineer to put the dang thing on my phone.

trdspectacoma

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
past history of the thread it is usually a couple of days;). but we can all hope that they will send it sooner (i am in the same boat as you guys.):D

JHOOPS2

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2012
Please post which one you got. I know this is silver but sometimes its hard to tell..
Nice one tho. Glad I got the FE for the white, still.

It is the silver. I could have gotten the FE version, but I had silver on my Iphone 4 and really like the looks of it, so I opted for the SE version.

Did you install the rash guards? Were they easy to install?
I have not installed the rash guards. I thought about it, but decided not to. I can't see any spots where the case is making contact with the phone. Everything is suspended by the pads on the aluminum case. I have carried it around for a couple days now and took it apart just a few minutes ago. Still no signs of rash.

Looks like the silver to me.
Thanks for the pics

So a question to those with their cases already
How necessary do you feel the back felt cover is?
Does it help to prevent the phone from sliding around?
I don't feel like using anything on the back of my black iPhone
Any pics of the silver without the back cover on a black iPhone?

It isn't necessary. It's more of a aesthetics thing. However it does seem to give the phone some traction. I will probably swap it out for something different once they offer more options.

burningrave101

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
So is ElementCase not doing a Black Friday/Cyber Monday coupon discount? Would be nice if there was a 20% off coupon to order one of those overpriced BO Sector 5's with.

tburk32

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone have Beats by Dre or any other headphones with an L-shaped headphone plug? If so how does it work with the sector 5 case?

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
How accurate are the shipping dates? Just ordered a black sector 5 case and it said they won't begin shipping until December 3rd.

In my experience the date they give is when they start shipping orders in that particular group. It may take one to three days before yours goes out.

Looks like the silver to me.
Thanks for the pics

So a question to those with their cases already
How necessary do you feel the back felt cover is?
Does it help to prevent the phone from sliding around?
I don't feel like using anything on the back of my black iPhone
Any pics of the silver without the back cover on a black iPhone?

I used the Spigen skin, just the mat finish part for the vulnerable aluminum part of the back. All the guerrilla glass is durable and on it's own. I like to expose as much of the phone as practical.

----------

Anyone get their shipping confirmation for the November 26th batch?

Nope no shipping yet. What's up with that. Anyone get shipping notification?

I haven't gotten mine. In my experience the date they give is when they start shipping orders in that particular group. It may take one to three days before yours goes out. They are emailed at the end of the day Pacific Time when Fedex picks up.

PacMookBro

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2007
I wanted to post at least once since this thread seems to be always swarming near the top of iPhone Accessories forum category.

Just my opinion, it does not matter fake or authentic Sector 5, it looks hideous and looks like a case made for some teenagers and it does not appeal me at all, let alone the price. Why is this case getting lots of attention? I guess I am a minority here... :confused:

BLACK OPS is just the black Sector 5 with some whatever-inspired grip on its back nothing really exclusive about it... Interesting to see how ELEMENTCASE does business. Sector 5, in general, still doesn't grown on me as someone mentioned here recently. I've stated that Sector 5 looks like it is made for some cool teenager and it still does.

And now, Black OPS looks like it was inspired by some hard-core gamers and it is not classy at all. Great to support business in USA, though. Yes, support the business in USA! ;)

bimmerboii

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2008
Do the rash guards also cover the shiny metal bezel? or does it cover just the sides flat?

Im asking because I already have an invisible shield protector on.. and would feel it is a waste if i have to remove mine

Aays06

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2012
Do the rash guards also cover the shiny metal bezel? or does it cover just the sides flat?

Im asking because I already have an invisible shield protector on.. and would feel it is a waste if i have to remove mine

I believe they cover the chamfered edge. I could be wrong. Anyone wanna chime in? Well received my spigen glass tr and aluminum home button. Just waiting on element. Where is my shipping. Today is the 26th.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008

The old transparent rash guard did cover the shinny chamfered part. Every time someone said skins did the job I felt the most vulnerable part would be unprotected. I installed two sets of rash guards. They stretched. The end tabs broke off the tape generally distorted. Element was good enough to send me another set. I cut off the end tabs with scissors. they went on better. I had to use trimmed scotch tape at the ends.

That is why they changed to opaque, thicker rash guards. I think they may not be needed unless you drop the phone. The pads would compress with metal to metal contact.

Roadking

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2008
Does anyone have a sector 5 case and an evolution dock? Just asking to see if it fits with out any issues. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.