Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I purchased the Sector 5 SE Silver for my white iPhone 5 but have been disappointed with how it looks. Anyone think the Black SE or BlackOps will suit the white iPhone better?

Could you further explain why you are disappointed. What about it disappoints? Is it just the looks? Does it look to whit? Not white enough? Is it to silver? Not silver enough?

I have a Graphite. I've ordered silver. I think black is to much contrast for the white phone.

ric5552

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2012
Could you further explain why you are disappointed. What about it disappoints? Is it just the looks? Does it look to whit? Not white enough? Is it to silver? Not silver enough?

The case is amazing, awesome craftsmanship but I just don't like the way it looks when its on the white iPhone 5. I have seen pictures of the Silver SE on the black iPhone in this thread and it looks amazing. I believe its just the contrast of white, too much silver and a black screen. The sliver doesn't contrast as well as i would have hoped with the white iPhone. Some lucky labs white skins and white carbon back plate may help but i might just sell it. Pity element case didn't have pictures of the White iPhone with the Silver SE on their website.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I purchased the Sector 5 SE Silver for my white iPhone 5 but have been disappointed with how it looks. Anyone think the Black SE or BlackOps will suit the white iPhone better?

I would go with graphite, it looks cool and would probably look better with the clear inserts on the white iphkne

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Why you with white iphone 5 dont wait for Sector 5 White Edition? This will be bad ass for white i5....
Or Nickel edition for white i5? Hm

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Why you with white iphone 5 dont wait for Sector 5 White Edition? This will be bad ass for white i5....
Or Nickel edition for white i5? Hm

If a nickel edition comes out I may have to buy it. I just feel it will be a long wait.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
If a nickel edition comes out I may have to buy it. I just feel it will be a long wait.

I bet you see it quicker than you think. I have the silver on my white and it looks good but nothing like nickel or chrome or even white would look. But white is painted and not anodized so they hardly do them. Sucks! I got some lucky wraps and a spg button and it totally changed its looks, still not as good as the black though!

Swayzee

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012

WOW.. wouldn't that mean you would have 3?.. I have the white ip5 and have the silver and i really like the way it flows. I also have the silver aluminum spigen button. Personally i love everything about the case and that i have yet to see anyone else who has one besides the people on this forum.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Looking at the finish of the black ops edition in the pictures it looks like it may actually be different then the regular black edition, more matte color and not satiny like the say the regular one is.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
WOW.. wouldn't that mean you would have 3?.. I have the white ip5 and have the silver and i really like the way it flows. I also have the silver aluminum spigen button. Personally i love everything about the case and that i have yet to see anyone else who has one besides the people on this forum.

I've been concerned about the white phone with silver because of the negative revues. Hearing that you like it gives me hope. I generally like a color that says metal, not plastic. That's why I was hopeful about silver. As far as ordering Three, I'm a bit of a nut about finding the perfect (in my opinion) Case. Typically one that doesn't look or feel cheap in keeping with the phone itself. It also has to let the phone show while protecting it. I'm not rich but my priorities go to good design, usually in tech gadgets.

I'll probably end up with two. I'll find a way to sell one or not get chrome.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012

I liked your phone with the silver case and white with spigen aluminum button if you're the one that posted the photos of it, looked really good.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Looking at the finish of the black ops edition in the pictures it looks like it may actually be different then the regular black edition, more matte color and not satiny like the say the regular one is.

I also think the color of the black ops is not plain black, but rather more matte. Reminds me the look of my old "extreme metals" AR15-V case (s/n 00673 c) which still own but stop using on my old Iphone 4 due to the signal loss (later upgraded to a blue COMP case, used on the Iphone 4 and 4S)

B1302_Element_Case_Inc_Element_Case_Vapor_4_-_Extreme_Metals_AR15-V_01.jpg

Last edited:

Pap

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2008
Got It!

Here is the silver version. I went with black rash guards for now. Its a well made case and I am happy for the few minutes I have had it.

sector_5_b.jpeg
[/url][/IMG]

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I just received my shipped email with tracking number. Shipped 11/28/2012 9:56:00 AM. I ordered 11/5/2012 via Fedex ground. Since I live in California I might receive my silver sector 5 arrive by Friday.

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I just received my shipped email with tracking number. Shipped 11/28/2012 9:56:00 AM. I ordered 11/5/2012 via Fedex ground. Since I live in California I might receive my silver sector 5 arrive by Friday.

3 days to ship in state?? Does FedEx use donkeys to ship ha, mine still hasn't shipped ordered the 7th with a 26 ship date

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.