Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
I just hope that if they do release it this month, and it's not finished, they learned their lesson and stick a beta label on it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I don't think it's simply the iTunes update that is making people upset. It's anger at Apple's incessant quietness and announcing a delay at the very last minute when they clearly knew they weren't going to meet their deadline.

How do we know that? Maybe they were desperately trying up to the last minute to meet the deadline.....

rien333

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
The Netherlands
i hope that article is right and it comes out today! how reliable of a source are they though?

Well, that's sort of a mystery. The thing is, we don't know whether the writer of the article based his statement on information from an inside source, or whether he just based it off Apple's own deadline. ("Coming in November")

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Well, that's sort of a mystery. The thing is, we don't know whether the writer of the article based his statement on information from an inside source, or whether he just based it off Apple's own deadline. ("Coming in November")

so basically its not coming out today for sure..

AzzUrr1

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
Karlsruhe
I'm sure it will be out today or at least tomorrow.
1Month extra development time is a lot for a software which looked pretty finished in september. Unless the guys at apple don't understand their work. But I doubt it.
I think pushing it back for one month was to avoid a disaster like ios6 maps. This is something Apple doesn't need right now.

----------

5 minutes from that time :cool:
Nope? It's 6am right now in cupertino ;)

Edit: Looking back to previous software releases like final cut pro x the next hour is a good guess

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
I'm sure it will be out today or at least tomorrow.
1Month extra development time is a lot for a software which looked pretty finished in september. Unless the guys at apple don't understand their work. But I doubt it.
I think pushing it back for one month was to avoid a disaster like ios6 maps. This is something Apple doesn't need right now.

----------

Nope? It's 6am right now in cupertino ;)

Edit: Looking back to previous software releases like final cut pro x the next hour is a good guess

probally wont come out till at least 10am in cupertino :cool:

scottfreeman

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
UK
Am I the only one who is more excited about how this thread will explode when it's finally released, rather than actually getting the new iTunes?

Is this the biggest, most viewed, thread ever? If not, how much more do we need?

Variant

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
How do we know that? Maybe they were desperately trying up to the last minute to meet the deadline.....
So they thought they could make the deadline, but ended up delaying it a whole month? Please! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think a lot of excitement over iTunes 11 stems from underwhelming updates to both OS X and iOS over the past couple of years? It feels like we haven't had anything feel completely new in ages!

rangen

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2011
While you're waiting, if you need some entertainment, take a look at Microsoft's marketing brilliance. I nearly fell off my seat laughing.

And for some reason, it reminded me of this thread.

http://youtu.be/lD9FAOPBiDk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.