Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
+one to this problem. What if they dropped iTunes for windows... I mean iPhones and iPads don't need to sync with a pc anymore at all since iCloud came out, right? ;)

I don't see this as that much of an issue. So, iTunes for Windows will remain an integrated all-in-one app. That's an easily justifiable position to take in order to ensure compatibility. Or, the installer installs all of the i-app components. Simple enough. If a component is missing when iSync is launched, it reports an error and offers to take you to Apple.com to download the installer again.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Let us not forget that Apple announced the delay for iTunes 11 a day before the month of October ended.

Who's to say that they won't do that again? They have every right to

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
absolutely worthied..it's sometimes (like now) having some issues but it's great. don't like spotify..wanna own my music in my itunes...stream it everywhere..it's great!

i want to own my own library too, but more importantly, have all my ratings and album art and metadata mine

i see no purpose to match, though, unless i had an iPhone and wanted to stream my library on the go. instead i use google music, which suits me fine.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Comparing a video game that a few thousand, if that, may purchase, to iTunes, a piece of software that MILLIONS around the world depend and shop on EVERY MINUTE OF A DAY is a super weak comparison. iTunes being delayed is a huge deal. Hundreds of thousands around the world are annoyed. No doubt.

When you put it that way, it's good it was delayed. It needs to be rock solid when it comes out since so many people depend on it.

Also, it's a fine comparison. Black Ops 2 sold 11M the first week.

BlackMangoTree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2010
Looks like come tomorrow i'll have to offer an apology to everyone in this thread. Seems like i got it wrong..........

or i am.........

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
Yesterday i was at a Apple Store here in Brisbane Australia and they hinted (Well almost told) the man next to me that come Friday there will be new iTunes Softwere and new iMac range. Friday here (Thursday US Time) so sounds about right.

I really need iTunes Match to be faster for me as i recently lost my 10,000 album libary on both my mac pro and my copy.

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Yesterday i was at a Apple Store here in Brisbane Australia and they hinted (Well almost told) the man next to me that come Friday there will be new iTunes Softwere and new iMac range. Friday here (Thursday US Time) so sounds about right.

I really need iTunes Match to be faster for me as i recently lost my 10,000 album libary on both my mac pro and my copy.

.... isn't that just saying that it will be out in November? As in, what Apple has said since it got delayed?

Popcutureboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Brisbane Australia
.... isn't that just saying that it will be out in November? As in, what Apple has said since it got delayed?

It could be. Not sure how much "In The Know" Apple store employees are. It's kinda a gray area at times. I really cannot see a Saturday Australian release date (Given our iTunes refereshes On a Friday here) , only a few more hours and we shall see.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Ok so I went to preview like 4 songs and they all loaded slow on iTunes. "Connecting..."

Went to Apple.com and it loaded VERY slow.

Something is definitely going on here.:eek::eek::eek:

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Ok so I went to preview like 4 songs and they all loaded slow on iTunes. "Connecting..."

Went to Apple.com and it loaded VERY slow.

Something is definitely going on here.:eek::eek::eek:

And how many times have people said that on here in the last month? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.