Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nxtlukas

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
While you're waiting, if you need some entertainment, take a look at Microsoft's marketing brilliance. I nearly fell off my seat laughing.

And for some reason, it reminded me of this thread.

http://youtu.be/lD9FAOPBiDk

just saw this on The Verge and it made my day. Would not have thought that Microsoft could be so funny. + Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky is epic :D

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
i am hopeing for not only iTunes 11 today but iOS 6.1 as well but probably not since its still in beta and we have not recieved the GM build yet.

Last edited:

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
i am hopeing for not only iTunes 11 today but iOS 6.1 as well but probably not since its still in beta and not even to the GM build yet unless they release iOS 6.1 now as it is and go to 6.2 for early next year?!

I think the picture you posted in your original post may have been real.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
What if Apple posted a countdown on their home page that read...

"iTunes 11 announcement in 12 hours"

& after 12 pain staking hours they announce it's delayed! :mad:

Edit: Sorry, I guess being on this one thread does things to you :(:eek:

chambord

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
So they thought they could make the deadline, but ended up delaying it a whole month? Please! :rolleyes:

Does anyone else think a lot of excitement over iTunes 11 stems from underwhelming updates to both OS X and iOS over the past couple of years? It feels like we haven't had anything feel completely new in ages!

I don't feel that way at all. We shouldn't expect amazing new features when the software update cycle is s rapid. Rapid software update means getting incremental features in quickly, with occasional big feature items if the software came out ever 3 years or so, like other companies, then the huge differences would be noticed and appreciated.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
What if Apple posted a countdown on their home page that read...

"iTunes 11 announcement in 12 hours"

& after 12 pain staking hours they announce it's delayed! :mad:

Edit: Sorry, I guess being on this one thread does things to you :(:eek:

that would be cruel :mad:

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
That video was made on a Mac... lol

how do you know?

----------

While you're waiting, if you need some entertainment, take a look at Microsoft's marketing brilliance. I nearly fell off my seat laughing.

And for some reason, it reminded me of this thread.

http://youtu.be/lD9FAOPBiDk

I'm surprised that their marketing department went with the slogan of "IE sucks...less"

But, I guess its true, it sucks less but still sucks.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
for some updates for iTunes didnt they add coming soon in bold letters to the download page and it showed up later in the day.. takeing iTunes 10.7 for example?

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
well if it gets delayed to december we know what to blame the delay on.. more parts of the software needing to be rebuilt :rolleyes: i think it will be out today though because all blogs are reporting about it coming today.

Last edited:

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
well if it gets delayed to december we know what to blame the delay on.. more parts of the software needing to be rebuilt :rolleyes: i think it will be out today though because all blogs are reporting about it coming today.

because they're all basing their opinions on the WSJ article released yesterday saying "as soon as thursday". what if that was just an educated guess, based upon only rumors and past releases.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
because they're all basing their opinions on the WSJ article released yesterday saying "as soon as thursday". what if that was just an educated guess, based upon only rumors and past releases.

so still dont get my hopes set too high that we will see it for sure today.

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
so still dont get my hopes set too high that we will see it for sure today.

from what I've learned (the hard way) after following this thread closely for the last 5 weeks... NEVER again get your hopes up for a software release from Apple, up until it's live on their website. other than that, it's just speculation and insights.

how many websites and blogs tried to 'guess' what the release date will be? a lot! and like the blind sheep that we are, we believed every single one of them, over and over again.

we keep going in circles. so from now on, I advise everyone, and myself, to not put our hopes up on reports, screenshots and rumors, until we actually see Apple releasing it for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.