Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlamb64150

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Isle of Man
Hi all,

Posted this in the Apple Support Community but not getting much joy.

Just downloaded iTunes 11, installed and upon opening the app it stalls then crashes on the welcome screen when clicking on any function.

I suspect it might be airplay related as it seems to seek my Zeppelin Air before I even try and play anything (I get the searching for Airplay device prompt briefly on screen).

I'm on a Mid 2009 MBP 17 running Mountain Lion.

I've had one suggestion so far to check if the app was running in 32-bit mode. I've enabled and disabled this function and get the same result. I've also tried running iTunes after a reboot with no other applications running incase of any conflict but no joy.

Thanks for any suggestions!

afkbradshaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
scotland
hi - had same problem. As soon as I hit play itunes immediately quit. I checked the get info box and I was running in 32bit mode. I switched it off and itunes now works

hooplehead

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
also happening here. where is the get info box? itunes won't open at all, but shows up in processes.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
It won't budge for me. I can't figure out how to adjust the 32 bit mode, especially with it freezing.

Edit: I figured out the 32-bit and it wasn't checked. I deleted anything in my files having com.apple.itunes.plist and that didn't help.

Itunes freezes immediately upon opening, so I'm unable to get into preferences to see if changing any those helps.

I think what bothers me most is that it's time to break out the Christmas playlist and I can't. :(

Last edited:

mlamb64150

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
Isle of Man
Hi all,

Just an update for anyone having difficulty. After not getting much help to fix the issue I performed a full system restore overnight via Time Machine. Today I've downloaded and installed iTunes 11, ensuring I had no other applications running and it's worked just fine.

I can only presume that the apps I had running the first time around required too many processes and somehow corrupted the iTunes installation/library.

All is well now. Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.