Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:58 PM   #1
rprebel
macrumors 6502

Album release dates in iTunes Store search?

iTunes 11 has removed the release dates from the search results, and now I have no idea which albums are new releases. Does anybody know how to get them back, assuming it's even possible? Here's why this is a problem. I listen to Vocaloid music. More specifically, Megurine Luka music (GUMI and IA too). When you do a search for Megurine Luka, you get a list of songs and albums from dozens of artists. That's fine; that's what should happen. Where they went wrong is with the release dates. If you want to see which albums (out of hundreds) are new, you look at the release dates...which are now gone.

Ideas?
rprebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2
rorschach
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprebel View Post
iTunes 11 has removed the release dates from the search results, and now I have no idea which albums are new releases. Does anybody know how to get them back, assuming it's even possible? Here's why this is a problem. I listen to Vocaloid music. More specifically, Megurine Luka music (GUMI and IA too). When you do a search for Megurine Luka, you get a list of songs and albums from dozens of artists. That's fine; that's what should happen. Where they went wrong is with the release dates. If you want to see which albums (out of hundreds) are new, you look at the release dates...which are now gone.

Ideas?
Is this what you're seeing:

I think the store is buggy right now. That's not how it's supposed to look. I'd wait a little bit for them to fix the rendering/formatting and see if it's still missing.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:36 PM   #3
rprebel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorschach View Post
I think the store is buggy right now. That's not how it's supposed to look. I'd wait a little bit for them to fix the rendering/formatting and see if it's still missing.
Good point. Patience, then.

To answer your question, no. This is what I'm seeing. Until now, the release dates were (I believe) under the artist name. It was a very handy feature.

Old Mar 5, 2013, 05:03 PM   #4
djsound
macrumors 6502a

this is totally ridiculous that we cant search for he most recent albums from our favourite artists.
djsound is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:42 PM   #5
rprebel
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsound View Post
this is totally ridiculous that we cant search for he most recent albums from our favourite artists.
I've emailed them a few times, asking why it was removed and if they could put it back in the listings. Never a response. If you don't mind doing the same, I'd appreciate it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store