Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:08 AM   #1
Titus
macrumors member

Simple question about iMovie App

I just downloaded iMovie app to my iPad. When I update the iPad will it transfer my movies from my iMac so I can mirror them on my 60 inch screen connected to my apple TV?

It sounds too easy.....I must be missing something.
Apple TV
Titus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
I just downloaded iMovie app to my iPad. When I update the iPad will it transfer my movies from my iMac so I can mirror them on my 60 inch screen connected to my apple TV?

It sounds too easy.....I must be missing something.
Most players, incl. iMovie, can play content over AirPlay. You don't necessarily need iMovie for that. It's an editor.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Titus
macrumors member

I just want to know how I can get it from iMovie on my iMac to my iPad so I can take it with me and then play it through an apple tv to a home theater.
Apple TV
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
I just want to know how I can get it from iMovie on my iMac to my iPad so I can take it with me and then play it through an apple tv to a home theater.
Unlike with the "Photos" tab and Aperture, you can't directly synchronize your iMovie movies to your iDevice. Therefore, you'll need to manually drag-and-drop all your videos you create in iMovies to iTunes and, then, synrhornize them via the Movies tab. Assuming you don't want to use third-party apps for playback, that is.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:21 PM   #5
Titus
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
Unlike with the "Photos" tab and Aperture, you can't directly synchronize your iMovie movies to your iDevice. Therefore, you'll need to manually drag-and-drop all your videos you create in iMovies to iTunes and, then, synrhornize them via the Movies tab. Assuming you don't want to use third-party apps for playback, that is.
I tried it and it is showing on my iMac. I dragged it into my iPad and can't find it there. I even tried re-dragging it into a playlist and it shows up on my iMac but does not sync to the iPad 3. I know it's something simple but I just can't figure it out.
Apple TV
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
I tried it and it is showing on my iMac. I dragged it into my iPad and can't find it there. I even tried re-dragging it into a playlist and it shows up on my iMac but does not sync to the iPad 3. I know it's something simple but I just can't figure it out.
You must drag it to iTunes first and, then, select it to be synched to the iPad. You can't directly drag on the iPad.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:19 AM   #7
Titus
macrumors member

Thanks, I finally figured it out. I have more than one iPad just got confused. Thanks for all the help.
Apple TV

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps