Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:23 PM   #126
iphone495
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefan022 View Post
"Coming in December"
HA! Apple just proved you wrong!
iphone495 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 PM   #127
Colinus21
macrumors newbie

Guys, it's spelled "Representatives"!!!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 PM   #128
dcorban
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iOrbit View Post
Can new users please share their installation experiences, any issues to do with libraries being damaged or messed with?

does iTunes 11 Move any folders or file locations, particularly under 'itunes automatic organization' setting on??
I haven't had any problems. I went through all the screens, checking out the new layout. I re-sync'd my iPhone. I manually selected "organize library" and no changes were made to the folders or files, so apparently no paths have been changed.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 PM   #129
madrag
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post
AppleCare Represenatives Receiving Prerelease Builds of iTunes 11 Ahead of Public Launch
what is "Represenatives"?

Will this iTunes allow folder creation and sort my music manually instead of by tag? I mean, I use iTunes for radio, because the automatic sorting of music files makes me mad, I have music files recorded by me that have no tags or albums, and it just throws it to the bunch, I can't manually sort them or keep them in their folders as I could with for instance SoundJam...
madrag is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:25 PM   #130
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamer View Post
People sleeping in-house for a media client that isn't released? Or having A-class issues? Highly unlikely.

If any of Apple's projects has in-house living requirements, it would be Maps over iTunes. itunes does have the "announcement date" sword of Damocles having over its head, but it's not a critical application to publish. Everything available to the public right now is accessible through 10.7. Issuing another delay announcement isn't a nice thing to do, but their PR machine can handle it.

It's not worth grinding good people into the ground over something that isn't tarnishing the public image.
....People pull all nighters all the time at Apple, for things we don't even see most of the time.

It's part of the younger crowd's culture at apple, and has been documented for years.
NT1440 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:28 PM   #131
iOrbit
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorban View Post
I haven't had any problems. I went through all the screens, checking out the new layout. I re-sync'd my iPhone. I manually selected "organize library" and no changes were made to the folders or files, so apparently no paths have been changed.
thanks for sharing this, i intend to install it as soon as my video is done compressing.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:38 PM   #132
iOrbit
macrumors 6502

havent used itunes 11 yet, but im using the remote app and i have to say, im very impressed that the folder- expansion feature, loaded the matching color of the album art straight away, i have a large library, i expected this to initially load my artwork at cripple-slow rates.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:08 PM   #133
Marx55
macrumors 6502a

Does it allow to resume playback a long list of songs on the Mac after iTunes is closed and open again, the Mac rebooted, etc? Such resume playback feature was available on SoundJam MP on 2001, from where iTunes was developed. It is amazing that such an essential and useful feature was not maintained in iTunes all these years.

Last edited by Marx55; Nov 29, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
Marx55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:45 PM   #134
kpress3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoelJuun View Post
Even though you probably won't like it, most Windows-based software will load faster on Windows than OS X based software on OS X. Get over it, don't be so childish.
Even though you probably won't like it, everyone has their own opinion and that's mine about Windows and PC. From my experiences iTunes is better on the Mac.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:16 PM   #135
RoelJuun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpress3 View Post
Even though you probably won't like it, everyone has their own opinion and that's mine about Windows and PC. From my experiences iTunes is better on the Mac.
Loading faster isn't about experiences, it's about facts…load times. And your last sentence doesn't make your point any stronger, of course it runs better on OS X.
RoelJuun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:01 PM   #136
kpress3
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoelJuun View Post
Loading faster isn't about experiences, it's about facts…load times. And your last sentence doesn't make your point any stronger, of course it runs better on OS X.
All I am saying is when I ran iTunes on my PC it did not run as well as OS X. That would be my EXPERIENCE with iTunes on both operating systems.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion