Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nearfantastica

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
So I was using monolingual to delete languages I don't need. Totally had it backwards and it started to delete the languages I wanted. I realized this as it was running and I stopped the delete. I guess I got a partial delete.

I want to restore this to make sure I won't have any problems but I have absolutely no idea how. I searched at google and I found two things: Re-install OSX and there is somehow a way to only replace what I need, or do a backup from Time Machine.

Can anyone help me out? I've had my iMac now for about 3 years but I'm still kind of clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thanks!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just reinstall the OS and it will fix it. A normal OS reinstall will not wipe your data. Backup first just to be safe though.

mikesike100

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2013
A downloadable AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle

Go to finder. On the menu you, do Go-->Go to folder--> /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/

Now copy the file into that folder. (unzip it first!!!!!!)

Attachments

• AppleKeyboardLayouts.bundle.zip
    372.3 KB · Views: 124
Nov 28, 2010
located
Go to finder. On the menu you, do Go-->Go to folder--> /System/Library/Keyboard Layouts/

Now copy the file into that folder. (unzip it first!!!!!!)

You registered just for this post and resurrected it without knowing the Mac OS X version the OP uses or stating what Mac OS X version your layout comes from?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.