Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Not sure if this is the right to be posting this but I recently returned a 2012 13inch macbook air due screen issues. Now I had installed CS5 photoshop on this laptop and on my original 2010 macbook air. The problem is, I returned the macbook without de-activating the photoshop, now I've got my replacement, I'm getting the message that the software has been installed on two machines. My question is, once the returned machine is back at Apple, will they do a full restore, meaning they wipe everything off and will that be enough to de-activate the photoshop on that computer?

shah1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Apple well definitely wipe the drive, but I have no idea if that will fix your PShop license issue.

If the hard drive is wiped then surely the photoshop will be de-activated on that machine? Or no?

dLuu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
You should contact Adobe's Customer Support. They're not the best but they should be able to help you get your product activated on your replacement system.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If the hard drive is wiped then surely the photoshop will be de-activated on that machine? Or no?

If Apple just wipes the drive without first going in an de-activating PShop, I don't see how Adobe would know it was de-activated. I think you are going to need to call Adobe.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I believe unless you uninstall Photoshop with the machine connected to the internet Adobe will have no way of knowing that it was deactivated. I would call Adobe and explain the situation, I bet they will just give you a new access code with no trouble.

m00min

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Fairly sure there's a way to deactivate an install on the Adobe site. Had to do this a couple of years ago when migrating a coworkers machine.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
if u still have the original machine's S/N, u maybe able to do this wo the physical machine.

But no, wipe is a dumb process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.