Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
iCloud songs now show up in my library :-/. So now if I downloaded a single and then went and bought the actual CD/burned a friends and deleted the iTunes version, I have 2 copies and they both play one right after another. Annoying. Also, crappy songs I got from free promotion code that I deleted are now back on my iTunes... great...

Under "View" you can select the option to hide purchases on iCloud...You should take a look around the settings before getting too upset..

Rog210

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2004
in my opinion: the first good piece of software apple ever made since the introduction of lion.
too bad it'll never support flac, i kinda want to use itunes again after this update.

i wonder: does this mean that coverflow will disappear from osx completely in the future? i always found it akward to use

This is my biggest issue with iTunes. It should be able to play every format of media out there. Even if there is an issue re. licensing a codec there should be an option in the itms to buy a licence for divx, ogg, or whatever.

Chumburro2U

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
I Love L.A.
Search function blows

When I want to search for a particular song, it shows me the song in the song list. fine, but if I want to find said song in a particular playlist, iTunes just sends me to the playlist that the song is in and not the particular song. So, if I have playlists in the 100s and I want a song that is number 545, iTunes does not direct me to it, it just directs me to the playlist and it leaves you at song #1. Is there a way to directly FIND any particular song in any playlist like in iTunes prior? Anyone with info please help.

Cubert

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
The only thing I miss so far is the volume control in the mini iTunes display as an upfront feature. Having to use the pull-down is an extra step for something that I think is one of the most common controls along with start/stop/pause.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but does "command-up/down arrow" change the volume as before?

wastedyuthe

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2008
Birmingham, UK
iCloud songs now show up in my library :-/. So now if I downloaded a single and then went and bought the actual CD/burned a friends and deleted the iTunes version, I have 2 copies and they both play one right after another. Annoying. Also, crappy songs I got from free promotion code that I deleted are now back on my iTunes... great...

You can right click any album or song on there and Delete. If it is in the cloud, it removes it from your list so you don't see it anymore. Simple.

DelMac

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
I think iTunes 11 looks better on my MB Air 11" than on my iMac 27". There's so much white space now and it's more noticeable with a large screen. I miss coverflow and its darkness, especially in a dimly lit room. I also don't like that the album covers are smaller and no longer adjustable. I'm not a fan of the new feature where colors match albums when being selected. Some colors look nice while others are just hideous to look at so I removed that feature.

With that said, I do like that iTunes 11 starts faster. I also chose to show the status bar & side bar on the screen again since it's hidden by default. NOW iTunes 11 seems more like a nice sharper looking update instead of a total overhaul. i'm quickly getting used to it :)

krisarmstrong

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2010
Itunes 11 missing movies

Anyone else seeing this.

I had itunes 10.7 showing 223 movies upgraded to itunes 11 now only 71 show up.

jon9091

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Why in the world would Apple take away the ability to open the store or Playlist in a new Window?

Insane.

They probably never realized it was working that way in the first place. It's been a bug all this time, and now they "fixed" it. :eek:

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
I really wish I hadn't upgraded to iTunes 11 now. This is is the worst iTunes upgrade ever. I've just spent hours putting my library back into order after it was all messed up. What happened to the slider to increase/decrease the size of the artwork? What happened to coverflow? I still can't figure out how to re-download previous purchases. The tabs at the top to list TV shows previously downloaded seem to have disappeared. The help sections have not been updated and are now worse that useless.

If this is what Eddy Cue has managed to produce then heaven only knows how bad things are going to get with the other software he's just inherited.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Love the new version, a couple quibbles but it's way better than I ever imagined. And I have to wonder if it has a bit of the Ive influence, I'd be happy to see more of that in 10.9.

I can understand why people are bummed about cover flow but I'm surprised it was used by more than a few people.

Found the answer to the problem in the Apple forum: The Column Browser for Playlists cannot be switched on/off when the Sidebar is shown!

It's a bug, since it works in the other view it's probably not an intentional omission. So report it to apple feedback and they'll fix it. This is a major update to the software, there are going to be some bugs here and there.

One thing that always annoyed me in the previous version was the way of selecting movies to sync onto an iDevice. It would show about 9 or so movies in a window with fairly large "movie poster" images, and you had to scroll slowly through the screen to find the movies you wanted. Having an option of a simple list view would be SO. Much better.

Selecting things to go on an iOS device has always been clumsy. I've had better luck by making a playlist like "iPhone movies", just sync that playlist and do all selections in the other part of the app where list view is available.

xodiak

Jun 14, 2011
Anyone else seeing this.

I had itunes 10.7 showing 223 movies upgraded to itunes 11 now only 71 show up.

Had the same issue and had to re-import my library which was no issue at all. Once I re-imported everything I went into my moves and compared to a printout I did before upgrading. The printout indicated 963 movies while the new iTunes 11 only showed 886 movies unless I went into list view. In list view it reported 963 files. Files being the key work here as it was counting the iTunes Extras as seperate files. I counted the iTunes Extra files and it came to 963 when adding it to the 886. I would assume that is the issue you are seeing and its just the way iTunes counts the files now. I did spot checks on movies and everything seems fine and it matches the file count in finder perfectly.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Under "View" you can select the option to hide purchases on iCloud...You should take a look around the settings before getting too upset..

This option didn't appear for me. I then went into list view, hid the iCloud column from View Options, and only then did I get the option to hide iCloud items. Maybe a bug, I don't know.

My main gripe with the new iTunes is the big coverflow-style-but-not-coverflow images scrolling across the top of the store home pages. They are really annoying in a flash advert type of way. I wish I could hide them.

willbfree

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
In the Music section, if you go to Videos, your collection of music videos are displayed with only the title of the music video and a still frame from the music video.

The Artist is not written!

Kind of a major goof - it is what it would be like if MTV played music videos but only displayed the title of the song, and left the viewer to guess who it was by.

Come on Apple, please fix this. Make it more like the Audiobooks section, where both the title and the author are displayed. The same logic applies to Music Videos - title and artist is needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.