Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:07 PM   #51
robinp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmodugdale View Post
Just to note that the install took a long time. For a while, I was afraid the AppleTV had frozen -- enough that I searched for my micro-USB cable in case I had to restore in iTunes. I even put a piece of tape on the screen to see whether the install was processing. Eventually it progressed through the screens and successfully completed.
I gave up waiting and pulled the plug out the back of mine. It had been approximately 40mins stuck at the same place (about 3/4 through preparing). I've now successfully done it in about 2 mins on the second attempt
robinp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 03:46 AM   #52
pvig42
macrumors newbie

Wow

Wow meaning what a slow update. Taken an hour & only 3/4 of the way through step one. Hope it's worth it.

Now have to update the other one
pvig42 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 04:52 AM   #53
farleysmaster
macrumors 6502a

I've had an issue at least once (possibly twice) where home sharing has just quit in the middle of watching something. Anyone else had this?
farleysmaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:27 AM   #54
blybug
macrumors 6502a

Can't quite wrap my head around exactly how it would work...but seems they're about a half-step away from merging Music.app with Remote.app.

Frustrating that Remote.app on iPad has such a nice functional UI to browse Cloud, iTunes Match, local music, and Home Sharing Libraries, but can't be used to play stuff on the iPad itself.
blybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:29 PM   #55
pvig42
macrumors newbie

Keeps saying unsuccessful

It took over 1.5 hours to update the ATV2 in my room via wifi but in the end it worked. For some reason I can't update the ATV3 In my lounge which is connected by Ethernet cable. Tried 4 times & keeps saying its unsuccessful even after restart, reset or restore.

Maybe I'll have to connect through wifi to see if it works. Really frustrating as I've NEVER had a problem with ATV updates in any room wired or not
Old Dec 1, 2012, 01:49 PM   #56
pvig42
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvig42 View Post
It took over 1.5 hours to update the ATV2 in my room via wifi but in the end it worked. For some reason I can't update the ATV3 In my lounge which is connected by Ethernet cable. Tried 4 times & keeps saying its unsuccessful even after restart, reset or restore.

Maybe I'll have to connect through wifi to see if it works. Really frustrating as I've NEVER had a problem with ATV updates in any room wired or not
Like others, I disconnected the Ethernet and updated via wifi & worked within minutes.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:26 AM   #57
robinp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvig42 View Post
Like others, I disconnected the Ethernet and updated via wifi & worked within minutes.
Mine worked with Ethernet on the 2nd attempt.

What was more strange was that I couldn't use airplay - either from mac or ios devices. For some reason the ATV update had actually turned OFF AirPlay in its settings. Turned it back on and boom all works fine now. Very strange that the update changed my settings
robinp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:11 AM   #58
citi
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to citi Send a message via MSN to citi
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinp View Post

What was more strange was that I couldn't use airplay - either from mac or ios devices. For some reason the ATV update had actually turned OFF AirPlay in its settings. Turned it back on and boom all works fine now. Very strange that the update changed my settings
Mine too.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:02 AM   #59
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a

When I updated my Apple TV 3 back in September with the last software update. I was unable to carry on from the last viewed part of a Podcast.

Can anyone confirm that this bug has been fixed with this latest software update?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:41 AM   #60
Fatboy71
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy71 View Post
When I updated my Apple TV 3 back in September with the last software update. I was unable to carry on from the last viewed part of a Podcast.

Can anyone confirm that this bug has been fixed with this latest software update?
I've just updated to the latest software and the problem is still there FFS

I'll be rolling back to the pre September version later on that's for sure.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 04:04 PM   #61
pvig42
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinp View Post

I had about 4 attempts with Ethernet but nothing sadly.

I noticed that AirPlay was turned off also which is weird as previous updates didn't turn it off. Strange!!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:25 PM   #62
brandon8419
macrumors member

Anyone know why I don't have the ability to use airplay? I updated both iTunes and Apple TV but when I click on airplay to stream music to my TV, it only gives me the option to have it keep playing on my computer

edit: nevermind, sharing got turned off when I updated apple TV. All is well

Last edited by brandon8419; Dec 2, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
brandon8419 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion