Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK
I have a mac mini which runs, headless, as a Mountain Lion Server. Among other things it's used as an iTunes server for the Apple TV, so iTunes is always running on it in the background in case anyone want to watch a movie.

Since installing iTunes 11 we've noticed that it suddenly starts playing music at random. The mac mini doesn't have a screen or keyboard so its not as if someone has accidentally hit 'play' - you'd need to remote onto it. It seems to be doing it all by itself.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK
Since installing iTunes 11 we've noticed that it suddenly starts playing music at random. The mac mini doesn't have a screen or keyboard so its not as if someone has accidentally hit 'play' - you'd need to remote onto it. It seems to be doing it all by itself.

Well whatever it was it seems to have been fixed in the 11.01 update. Phew!

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I realize this is an old thread but, I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Mac Mini in my entertainment center. I use it for streaming media to my Apple TV. Every so often, I'll come in here to find it playing music, when I never told iTunes to do that. It messes with my play counts, my Last.FM scrobbling...it's driving me nuts and I don't know what I can do about it.

roycemac

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Nothing is fixed.
I have this problem on my iphone 5S, with ios7
If I end a call in the middle of leaving a voicemail to a call I made the music starts as soon as I end the call, and it goes right into my bluetooth earpiece so I cannot ignore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.