Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Seeing as how the iPod Touch 5th Gen is much thinner than the iPhone 5 and also made of aluminum, have you bent your iPod Touch 5th Gen? There are tons of people who have bent their iPhone 5 from normal use and I am interested to see if there is a similar problem with the new iPod Touch. The iPod Touch 5th Gen doesn't have the same big cut outs for the volume buttons that the iPhone 5 does so it should resist forces better.

Randell

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
No normal use of an electronic device should cause it to bend, I don't care how thin it is.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Hope it's not the case for the iPod touch 5th gen as well. If you use it like any other people normally would, I don't see how it would get bent.

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
I have a flimsy £2 rubber case on mine, and I've sat on it once in the dark dropped it when my headphones caught on a fence and had it in my back pocket and there's not a single scratch or bend or scuff anywhere to be seen.

I find it incredibly hard to believe those iPhones were bending by themselves.

I'm guessing they're just not up to owning up to being irresponsible and clumsy, and would rather blame Apple for their shortcomings.

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
iPhone 5's are not bending from normal use. I don't care what anyone says, if they claim their iPhone just bent by itself, they are lying.

The iPod Touch 5th gen should also not bend from normal use. I do want to see pics of bent iPod's though :p

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I tried and it will not bend back :D (I couldn't find a photo of a bent iPod Touch).

bent.jpg

notcheynne

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2012
REPLY TO ALL
it is possible for an ipod touch5 to bend. being that mine has bent itself.
i dont know HOW it bent, i just noticed a lighter area on my display screen indicating the area it is bent at.
i keep it in a 3 layer case so i dont know how its possible for it to bend through use.
i take care of it, never dropped it. rarely sit on it. im starting to the think it was my CASE that warped it over time.
if anyone has more information please let me know. thank you and i hope this was useful to others!

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
REPLY TO ALL
i dont know HOW it bent, i just noticed a lighter area on my display screen indicating the area it is bent at.
i keep it in a 3 layer case so i dont know how its possible for it to bend through use.
i take care of it, never dropped it. rarely sit on it. im starting to the think it was my CASE that warped it over time.
if anyone has more information please let me know. thank you and i hope this was useful to others!

Pics?

Luckybobby

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2011
REPLY TO ALL
Pics or it didn't happen!

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I'm getting a rattle from the camera area every time I gently tap the back. The aluminum is extremely soft. I have to keep it in a separate pocket from my keys, change etc. to keep it from looking like I sent it through a meat grinder. Never had that problem with other devices. All in all, it probably feels like the cheapest apple product I've bought. It's fine if you or others don't have a problem with it, but I'm just basing this off of my experience. And before anyone says it, the closest apple store is an hour and a half away.

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'm getting a rattle from the camera area every time I gently tap the back. The aluminum is extremely soft. I have to keep it in a separate pocket from my keys, change etc. to keep it from looking like I sent it through a meat grinder. Never had that problem with other devices. All in all, it probably feels like the cheapest apple product I've bought. It's fine if you or others don't have a problem with it, but I'm just basing this off of my experience. And before anyone says it, the closest apple store is an hour and a half away.

You'll get that rattle from a lot of products. Go pick up an iPhone or other and tap near the camera. You'll hear it, it's normal.

JJorTech

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
It doesn't bend normally unless you gorillas bend your apple Devices. Go bend your crap if you want to, I'm not wasting 400 dollars

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.