Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michial

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
The firewall settings are green allowing incoming connections to iTunes but I still get prompted every time I open it since upgrading yesterday. Any suggestions besides deleting and reinstalling iTunes? Would negating it out of Firewall Options and reopening iTunes add in the correct permission?

Tried deleting out of Firewall Options and relaunching iTunes. Did not fix.

TheManOfSilver

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2004
Canada
I'm in the same boat. Somewhat annoying. Haven't seen any fixes posted on the Apple Support forums yet. Hopefully it's a bug that will be squashed with a quick 11.01 release.

jer04

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2012
Townsville, Australia
Same here, tho not everyone is getting it. I had this on 10 long ago, but it somehow fixed itself. (maybe by a update I installed or something..) after updating to 11, it's back again. =[

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Same issue. I had to disable the firewall to prevent it from prompting me every time I opened iTunes 11. This is on an iMac with Mountain Lion.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Had this before. You all probably used auto update right?
Fix: download from apple site directly and reinstall.

whbunn

macrumors member
May 29, 2009
Same here for Mac Mini, but NOT on MBP. Very annoying. Did try reinstall from download, same proble. Also cleared pref files, no help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.