Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
HELP
If I want to upload a photo to a website - eg for an advert, I click ADD IMAGE, and when my browser opens I go to MEDIA then PHOTOS then IPHOTO. This used to work fine, but now i get the message "OPEN IPHOTO TO SEE PHOTOS FROM YOUR IPHOTO LIBRARY IN THIS LIST". This does nothing, even if iPhoto is open, I can't see any of my images or upload them. I have a Macbook Pro, with IOX 10.7.5

Any ideas????
Desperate!!!

delphus

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Brazil
HELP
If I want to upload a photo to a website - eg for an advert, I click ADD IMAGE, and when my browser opens I go to MEDIA then PHOTOS then IPHOTO. This used to work fine, but now i get the message "OPEN IPHOTO TO SEE PHOTOS FROM YOUR IPHOTO LIBRARY IN THIS LIST". This does nothing, even if iPhoto is open, I can't see any of my images or upload them. I have a Macbook Pro, with IOX 10.7.5

Any ideas????
Desperate!!!

If your library can't be found by iPhoto, you may try the following:
On iPhoto: File / Switch to Library / Other Library (if any on display) / then find your iPhoto library on your user folder/Pictures / iPhoto Library

If there is no iPhoto Library inside your Pictures user folder, then hopefully you have it on backup :confused:

Cheers

Mac Eagle

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
If you do locate your iPhoto library file, you may have to re-associate it with iPhoto (iPhoto may have somehow forgot about it). Hold the option key when starting iPhoto and it will ask you to select your iPhoto library file. If you are seeing your pics in iPhoto then you can always drag the photo your are trying to upload to the desktop and use that copy to add to the website.

johughes72

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Cheshire, UK
I haven't lost my library, it is still in iPhoto. But when I am on the net, and I want to insert a photo, they won't come up. EG if you were posting an advert and wanted to use a photo - you'd click upload image and go to the file where the pictures are (media, photos, iPhoto then the image), but my iphoto file looks empty! It used to work!!! Thanks for helping, will try what you said.

timemachines

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2009
There it is.
Open iphoto or photo, then the preferences, now click on use as system library,
and its done and works!

murph17

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2019
NYC
It’s greyed out “use as system photo library “
Try this - drag photo from Photos app to your browser window (as an attachment or upload to some website. I used Gmail compose window)

Not only did this work for me, but the NEXT time I clicked on add attachment and got the finder window, all my photos were available. The "Open Photos to see your photos..." message was gone.

- murph

hkb26

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2007
Try this - drag photo from Photos app to your browser window (as an attachment or upload to some website. I used Gmail compose window)

Not only did this work for me, but the NEXT time I clicked on add attachment and got the finder window, all my photos were available. The "Open Photos to see your photos..." message was gone.

- murph

Thank you!!! This worked. For the life of me I could not figure this out as it was already assigned as the System Library.

pigtail

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2020

- murph
OMG. This really works. I've digging in other web pages all telling about the settings in Photos, or some plugins in the other folder. None of them works.

My browser is Firefox btw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.